Monday, July 13, 2009

Leeza's first trip to the "Big D"





Leeza and my dad "Bobbo"


Leeza made her first trip to "Big D" to visit my parents this past week (July 5-12th). She has met my parents twice, and has also met her cousins, but that was last December, and she'd only been home a couple months, and she was only 15 months old so I don't think she really grasped who anyone was yet. She is quite the social butterfly, but I wasn't sure how she'd react to my huge family as everyone was coming home! She took an instant liking to my Dad, and my brother, and her Uncle Jan (my sister's husband). Seriously, she is not even 2 yet she is already boy crazy???!!




She was fawned over by her cousins, and had a total blast in the pool. My nieces had a speedo life jacket that they used when they were small, and I put that on her in my parents pool. She jumped off the diving board, floated on her back, swam the length of the pool, and felt very comfortable in the water. I'm not sure if that is the best for her learning to swim or not, but she sure had a blast being able to "swim" with the big kids. She had no qualms about jumping off the diving board and going under water. I was really proud of her.






She had her first popsicle out by the pool. It was a sweet life--swimming all morning..having Mimi bring you popsicles by the pool, and being the center of attention of all your cousins who love you. I want to be Leeza when I grow up. :)





We got all the cousins (or, my parents Grandkids) all matching outfits to get their photo's taken out on my parents lawn. It was a pretty hilarious endeavour. Leeza did not feel like cooperating and kept running off. I finally threatened her and told her if she ever wanted to see Elmo again-she better shape up. I guess she could tell I was really mad cuz she decided to straighten up,but then of course, the other kids were over it. However-I still think we got some good pictures, despite everything. They all looked so cute in their blue and white, and it's amazing how much Leeza looks like her cousins!!! The professional ones look better-but here are a few I caught with my camera. :)







My brother's girls, Giulia and Georgia, are the sweetest, most beautiful and loving kids. They adored Leeza-and she adored them (as you can tell!)





Due to the vast age difference of all the grankids, there is a huge arsenal of vehicles available for the kids to drive around the circular drive of my parents house..from scooters, to trikes, to bikes with and without training wheels, and even lil jeeps and mopeds! I'm telling ya...a real kid's paradise. :) Leeza got a ride from Will-my adorable 4 year old nephew. :) She also enjoyed rides on the wagon..a future homecoming queen maybe? LOL







In addition to all the fun things there are to do right in our own backyard, we got out and about some too. We went to Nicole's (my sister's) for dinner one night, to my brother Carlton and his wife Elizabeth's one night, then to some family friends one night who had the most magnificient sand box where all the kids spent a couple hours digging and generally having a blast. :)






















We also ventured out for some "field trips" to the Dallas aquarium, a water park (not a big water park, but one at a local park in Hearst, TX that had a great area for lil ones and big slides for the big kids) and a really killer Science and Children's museum that was the coolest children's museum I think I've ever been to. It entertained the kids of all ages! She also had her first frozen yogurt at I Heart Yogurt and found it to be DELISH!




I loved seeing Leeza in action at the water park. The water was about waist high on her in some parts, and she was running around, and even went down some pretty big and fast slides on her own, and got dunked pretty good. I was always at the bottom to catch her, but I was impressed with how much she loved it and how she was really fearless once she got her bearings. There are a couple "spray parks" here locally that we will defintely try now that I saw how much she loved it!





























Needless to say, all this activity, although super fun, was EXHAUSTING. Leeza feel asleep within 5 minutes of getting in the car-and man,she fell HARD.


10 comments:

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Okay, I want this to be MY family! What a great post, and I loved every single photo. I've told you before how I think that Sean and Leeza look so much alike, and it really is God's work that Leeza belongs with your family! Plus, she is such a Florida water girl already! This beautiful child was meant to be poolside year round! That pic of her catching a ride in the back of the car with her cuz is so funny....grabbing tight to Elmo! And what about that sandbox?! I think they have more sandbox accouterments than I have kitchen implements! No one's going to get bored in that sandbox! HA! Seriously, Leeza is just so beautiful, and you have a beautiful family. The trip sounds like it was amazing, and I love all of your details!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Sounds like everybody had a great time! I'm sure Leeza was not the only exhausted one after all the excitement. Hope y'all get some rest now that you're home. :)

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

what a FUN TIME!!! i love all the pictures and what a great thing to have so much family and so many cousins!! i love the picture of her on the back of the little blue car, and the one in the space helmet! go Leeza!!! by day a super future astronaut and by night, a starlet adored by her fans :) super cute! :)

Patrick & Eileen said...

I've just spent time looking over your blog and what I've missed! Oh my you all have been so busy....what fun you're having!!

Leeza is a beautiful little girl. I've enjoyed all the photos and seeing how much she has grown. She's still a princess as ever :)

We have a small family spread out in different parts of the world. Audrey has to make do with Mama for now and someday when Papa comes home.

Eileen

Karen said...

My big question is, why aren't you living in Dallas? My gosh, you've got everything there. The biggest sandbox in the world. So many cute cousins to love. Popsicles, scooters, trikes, bikes, jeeps—you name it, you got it. So when will you start packing????

Jennifer said...

Wow, looks like you guys had an AMAZING vacation! Wow, wow! The pictures are awesome. It must be wonderful to be able to have the whole family get together like that.

The kids are all so cute. I love all the group shots. What a treasure.

kitzkazventure said...

What a fabulous update! So much detail, I felt like I was back in my old stompin' grounds minus the stiffling heat!

What a great big fun family! Cute cousins and all! Leeza looks like she fits right in. :) Glad you had a nice time in the big D...and despite Minni Karen's whole hearted encouragement to return for love of family, I can think of a million reasons not to run back despite my dearest family members living there too! hee,hee! Of course, you live in one of "those" states that have "those" kind of temperatures too! :)

Kristan and Mark said...

The picture of her crashed in her carseat was the perfect way to end the blog post, showing the total exhaustion after an awesome trip.

Oops, crying kid, can't finish this post. bye.

Jaimie Lloyd said...

Seriously looks like lots of fun! I could have just added Berik into the mix and had a nice weekend in Southlake. We were there at the same time and Southlake is next door to Dallas. Leeza going off the pool underwater, wow!! No fear there! The pics are priceless. Have a great rest of the summer! Gena

Tricia said...

Great family photos! That science museum looks like a blast. Really cool. Leeza is really a water bug. That is awesome how fearless she is. You cracked me up with the Elmo threat! That is too funny. What a great trip filled with family and fun.