Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our bags are packed, and we're ready to go...

Taxi's waiting...blowing his horn...
I'm already so freaked out that I could CRY.....
cuz we're leaving, on a JET PLANE, don't know when we'll come home again...
OH BABE...I'M SO READY TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

This will be my last update for Casa De Serra in Florida. :)
Our "jet plane" leaves Tampa tomorrow at 8:40 am, our driver is coming at 6 to pick us up. Here is our itenary:

Leg 1: Tampa to Chicago (arrive 10:20 am, depart 5 pm)
We will be checking our carry on's at a hotel nearby and going to tour Chi-town)

Leg 2: Chicago to London (our longest flight) 8 hours baby! Arrive London at 6:50 am and depart 10:40 am for Frankfurt.

Leg 3: Arrive in Frankfurt at 1:20pm. We get to get our bags,(lucky us) and then hop over to Air Astana,where we board at 8 pm. Rather longish layover...I will have myself a German beer, methinks!!

Leg 4: Depart Frankfurt at 8 pm for Astana!!! I think it's a 5 hour flight. It's so hard to figure the time change. Arrive Astana at 5:45 am

Leg 5: Depart for KOSTANAI Kazakstan (where BABY KAZ AWAITS!!)at 9:50 and arrive at 11:35 am. Will we go sraight to meet Baby Kaz? Will we have time to change? I hope so...I anticipate smelling and lookin rightly scary!!

Our bags are packed, many bags. Yes, I know, pack light, but I did my best. I am a fashion diva, i cannot help it. Thanks to Sara Tennen who helped me pare down my list. We have 2 rolling duffels, one large heavy suitcase, and one small ish suitcase. Plus, Joe and I both have carryon's.
2 of the suitcases are filled with food and gifts, so they will be empty on our trip home. I have lots of mac and cheese, granola bars, trail mix, coffee,and peanut butter. Like me and my love of clothes, I have "comfort food" for us and coffee for Joe. We also have like MEGA movies.

My emotional state is good. Well, today anyway. Yesterday, I was hysterical and crying at the drop of a hat. I think it was because I did not sleep one wink Sunday night.
My husband told me no one was more prepared than I was, and I cried. Sean gave me a tad of sass, which started a whole 15 minute bawling jag. LOL And, I am not even there yet!!!

My contacts are loaded on my laptop, and we got our cash. Benjamen (my cat) is living with Jillian (THANKS JILLIAN) and we take Miles to Jill's tonight. (THANKS JILL!)
Miles (our 105 lb labradoodle) is sad. He can tell something big is up. He is making me tear up too because he has cried a couple times. However, he is staying with my BFF Jill, and her golden retriever Mia, and their 2 boys, age 10 and 8. He will have so much fun. He will miss eating Ben's food, raiding our pantry, and eating cat poop straight from the litter box. However, I expect to find him a much thinner dog after being at "fat camp" while we're gone.

Thank you TO EVERYONE for all of your support thru our journey to Baby Kaz. We will meet Baby Kaz on Friday, August 1st (so I am told). I will post as soon as I can. Please just pray Baby Kaz is healthy and really, that is ALL THAT MATTERS!
Thanks to John, Jenny and the lovely Roxanna for their Kaz cell phone. It's all charged and we got our Kaz phone number!

See you on the otherside. I am not sure how fast we'll have internet access, so don't panic if you don't hear from us. :)
I may try to log on in Frankfurt just to give you a play by play. I loved it when Sandi and Shannon did that. I know how it feels to be in the states and dying to hear updates. :)

Ok...I'm off to see my doctor to get some sleeping pills so I can be coherent. :)

LOVE TO EVERYONE! thanks for your support! It truly means the world to our family!!! I cannot even attempt to convey how much everyone's support means to us.

Baby Kaz-honey-HERE WE COME!!!

(My eyes just started watering again)

28 comments:

Regina said...

Sweet Susan,

You are leaving to go get your Baby Kaz tomorrow, and our Gotcha Day is tomorrow. It will be a very very VERY good day!!! I love that we will be in-country at the same time, but I do wish we were in the same city.

The moments of crying and freaking out are completely normal. You might even have a "never mind" moment in-country, when you say to yourself, "What was I thinking???" and you just want to forget everything and go home. This brief moment happened to us before we even met children! It's just so weird when you are actually doing it and it feels like you are jumping off a high dive and it's tempting to just go back down the ladder. Just keep pushing through and take it one hour at a time. Seriously. One hour at a time.

I wish you a safe and successful journey, and send you good luck kisses and hugs!

Love,
Regina, Frank and Milo

Suzette & Tate said...

I am so excited for you and your family and I can't believe tomorrow is already the big day!!! We will be following your journey and looking forward to your updates. Best wishes :)

Suzette

John & Jenny Morgan said...

We're so excited for you!

Chrissy and Russell said...

Go Susan go!
Go Susan go!
Go Susan go!
Gimme a "K"! Gimme an "A"! Gimme a "Z"! What's that spell? Kaz!!!!

(Okay, that was my lame attempt at cheerleading for your adventure that starts tomorrow.... can you tell I was a geek in school and NOT actually a cheerleader????)
Have a safe flight and a smooth process... I wish you all the best!!!!

Tracy said...

WOW... I am crying for you.. what a wonderful feeling it must be to know Friday you will be holding your baby. WOnderful. Looks like you all got packed up real good. Two suitcases of food... hmmmm.... Hope that is all I have!

Can't wait to hear from you in Kaz...
Tracy

kitzkazventure said...

Our thoughts and prayers go with you! Baby Kaz here comes your family! Happy meeting day! karen

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Oh for goodness sake, now you have me crying!!! We are sending prayers your way! No worries about the luggage. You'll pay your overage fees and just get over it. You'll be happy you have your comfort foods, and all of your clothing choices. And your movies. :-) We will wait patiently, and know that you are already in our thoughts and will continue to be until we hear from you again. There's lots and lots of love coming at you from Cincinnati!!! Max can't wait to type his first blogger comment!

Sandi said...

To my first friend through the Kaz yahoo group. One year ago we met for the first time to go shopping for our Kaz baby girls and now you are off to meet your child. I am so happy for you, Joe and Sean. What an adventure you are on. Please know you are in good hands with the in country staff. You are also so lucky to have Trish and the other families there for support.

Each step of this process has been daunting, emotional and well like one big rollercoaster. I assure you that when you land in Kaz you will feel a sense of peace.

Friday will be a magical day for you so take the time to breathe and to enjoy each airport and what they have to offer (hopefully comfy seating).

Remember we are all here for you and will be waiting with baited breath as you take the time to meet your daughter and make sure she is the right child for your family.

I'm here for you anytime you need to talk, Skype will be up 24-7, just as you were there for me.

TO kaz and beyond my florida pal.

Hugs

Sandi

BabyKazfan said...

So excited for you all!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you already!!!!!!!

Natalie

Karen said...

OMG—you got us all crying now. Tears of joy.

Although Chrissy beat me to the punch—I've got my pon-pons ready to keep the home crowd pumped. So...

"You, Sean and Joe.

Go, go, go.

To Kaz, to Kaz, to Kaz

Because, because, because

A journey's about to unfurl

Where you'll meet your baby girl

Now rest, rest, rest

You're about to fly the nest."

Safe travels and we'll see you on the "other" side.

ooxx,
Karen

KazAdventurers said...

We'll be praying for you and waiting not-so-patiently for updates.
:)
Best wishes to you and your family!

Lisa and Corey

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hey there,
You certainly are taking full advantage of your itinerary - very cool! This is an adventure after all!

I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to follow along. Hopefully in-country your internet will be up quickly. It'll be nice for you to communicate with everyone as well as blogging about your time. Baby Kaz will love it someday too.

I would be freaking out (crying, etc) too. No doubt Joe was right....you were probably more prepared than most. I just feel that.

Your furbabies will be fine although I understand to worry and miss them.

Take care - safe travels - thinking of you, Eileen

marsrob said...

Dear, wonderful Susan....You have been there for us since almost the first moment we started blogging - before we left to go get Aila and bring her home. You are the most wonderful, supportive, sweet, dear woman and we will follow your journey with prayers in our hearts for you and your whole family. You deserve a smooth, incredible experience - you ROCK. We really wish you safe travels and lots of love.

Jen & Marshall (& Aila)

Anonymous said...

I can't say it better than Sandi. We will be following along! You have been a wonderful support for so many people; including us. We will also be there to give you our support as you get ready to meet your daughter. We lit a candle for you all tonight and are keeping you in our thoughts. Safe travels and best, best of luck.
Talk to you soon!
Heidi

Gretchen said...

Oh Sweeteie,
My heart os going with you. :) You are about to embark on an amazing journey. Your life will never be the same. The things you will see and experience are more than words can express. I am SO happy for you and cannot wait to hear more. Keep me posted!!

Julian and Sara said...

Susan,

We are so excited for you! Make the most of your long journey to Kaz and arrive with peace of mind. Baby Kaz is waiting for you. Back on the home front, we are all here for you!

Bon Voyage and we'll be thinking of you!
Sara

Chris & Christy said...

I have goosebumps all over I can"t believe that you are on your way to meet your little one> I bet that you are totally on a high> Sorry for the weird punctuation< my computer is being quite strange< but who cares about that at a time like this anyhow? :)

Safest travels & lots of good prayer to you and your family> God is good!

Christy

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Up up and away!! Yeah you are finally leaving! Safe travels and many prayers !! We can't wait to see you from the other side of the world and to finally see baby Kaz! Gena,Jaimie and Berik

Tricia said...

Safe travels. I'll be waiting for you on this side of the world. Look forward to seeing your faces here and finding out who baby Kaz is going to be. I am so happy for you all!

Alysa said...

Woo-hoo!!!!! You're on your way to Kazland and your baby!

I too wish we were all in the same city, since we are in Kaz at the same time.

Hang in there and enjoy the ride. It's a wild and crazy one!

Jennifer said...

Bon voyage my dear!! We can not wait to hear from you on the other side.

Have a German beer for me too. ;-)

Here's to a trip of a life time!

My thoughts and prayers are with you this week.

Love,
Jen

dnd82001 said...

Ok so now I'm all teary for you!

Safe travels my friends.

Your blog family is here waitng & praying.

We look forward to hearing from you from the other side!!

Darlene

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

The day has come! Enjoy, Relax, Breathe, and Know.

Your moment is so close.

We are thinking of you all so often and eagerly await the 'birth' within your family. Take Care.

Love,
Steve, KJ, and Tougy

Thad and Ann said...

I'm so excited for you Susan! Have fun, safe travels!! Can't wait to see baby Kaz. :)

Monica said...

Wishing you safe and easy travels today and a fun quick outing into Chicago! I hope it ALL goes well and you meet your sweet Kaz kiddie tomorrow. I cannot WAIT to hear updates along the way. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
best wishes!!!
Monica

Bill & Khadine said...

Have a great trip! We're keeping our fingers crossed for you! Say hi to Eugene & Tatiana!!!!

Khadine

Angela said...

YEA! You are on your way at long last! Happy travels!

Joby and Marla said...

Your waiting is almost over! It is so exciting.
Good Luck!!!!!