Monday, May 19, 2008

My Published Poet



Sean's teacher entered some of the kids work into a writing contest called Creative Communication. We just got a letter that Sean's poem was selected to be published. It's kind of cool, to be a published poet at the age of 10. I thought I'd share his poem. It's not the ryhming kind, but it's funny and makes me laugh.

It's entitled Sean
Cool, funny and fun
Son of Susan and Joe
Lover of skateboarding, skimboarding, and surfing
Who feels cool most of the time
Who needs mac and cheese, water, and a house
Who wishes he could have more skateboards, give skateboards to the poor, and own a skate park
Who dreams of being a pro-skateboarder, being famous all over the world, and not being poor
Who fears talking dummies who smile, white faced clowns, and the boogie-man
Who gives help to the Salvation Army, his mom and Nana
Who wants to visit Hollister, California, Alaska, and Norway
Resident of Largo, Florida
Sean


I asked him why he didn't put Kazakhstan as a place to visit, and he said he forgot. LOL
So, of course, I am buying the book for $26.40 cuz you're not a published poet every day.
And, really, every poor person needs a skateboard, right?

I know what I need--AN LOI to meet my Kaz kid, that's what I need.

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

What great ambition! (I didn't know what I wanted to do at 10!) He can go down in history as the first person who is both a skateboard park owner, and a published poet. The kid has skilz!

How proud you must be!

I'm with you on that LOI thing!

Joby and Marla said...

Great Poem!!!! Sean has a great personality & Baby Kaz will be so lucky to have a published poet for a brother.

Marla

Our Family of Bloggers said...

All I need is mac & cheese, a house and water, too. I am right there with you, Sean!

By the way- just saw this and your last post now. As you know, I love the shoes! I am glad you behaved yourself.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Astana. I would LOVE it if you went there. You would love Commonwealth's "Team Astana"!

dnd82001 said...

What a great poem & what a great son you have!!

Darlene

Alysa said...

I wanna know why Hollister CA? Especially since I've been there.

Cool poem from an obviously cool kid! Worth every penny of the $26.40!

Tricia said...

Cute poem! Great job Sean being published at 10.

Gretchen said...

What a great poem! Way to go Sean!

Catalina said...

Dear Susan.
I love Sean`s poem and I enjoyed the pictures from yuor trip. Congratulations, Sean for being a poet, this is really something! I was hoping to read better news about your LOI, but hopefully in the next posts, anytime soon!
Catalina

Julian and Sara said...

"Skateboards for the poor" - sounds like a winning campaign slogan to me!! "Sean for President!"

Patrick & Eileen said...

Of course you have to buy the book! What a great poem - he's very creative!!

Eileen :)

Angela said...

YEA, Sean! Published at the age of 10?! Love the poem!

NOw, get his mama that LOI!

Joyce said...

Hi Susan, Joe and Sean,
Sean, congratulations on being published, and on the GREAT poem! It is VERY good, and you sound like a very good person. Your Mom and Dad must be very proud of you. Keep up the good work!
Susan, thank you for the invitation to your blog. I always read your comments on Jen's blog, and have enjoyed them. You guys will be on my prayer list for your new Baby Kaz. Best wishes!
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

Kim said...

OMG, that is so cute. Way to go Sean! A skateboard for every poor person is adorable. You are raising a tenderhearted young man!

Kim

Trudi said...

Sean is one terrific kid. Great poem.

Chris & Christy said...

How great is that! I love his poem! :) When I taught 4th grade the kids and I wrote tons of poetry, it is such a wonderful creative outlet for kids. Kids loved poetry since there was no worry of punctuation or grammar for that matter, just using your thoughts in a creative way. So fun! Kudos to your budding author Sean!

Christy

JennStar said...

That is so cool!!! What a proud Mommy you must be!!! Whew-hoo!

Patrick & Eileen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!! WISH I COULD CELEBRATE WITH YOU IN FL!

Best wishes for a wonderful day,
Eileen

Karen said...

Happy BIrthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Suuusssannn. Happy Birthday to you. (And many more...)

Love,
Karen

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Great poem.

I was doing the same thing about traveling. Now who knows when we get there.

I know in my heart your LOI will come soon.