Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day 2008!



Happy Mother's day everyone! To all mother's, old and new, to fur babies or human babies! For those of us waiting, hopefully next Mother's day we'll be home with our new Kazahstani additions! It is a hot and humid day here in Florida. Seriously, all of you in cooler climates can smile now because it's getting miserable here already! However, we had a nice day anyway. :) I blew off my morning run, and slept in until 7:30.
I taught Sunday school, and then went to Village Inn for brunch with my boys. Then, my son and I went and saw a "chick flick"! Sean is a sport, all in the name of Mother's Day. I highly recommend Made of Honor with McDreamy..aka Patrick Dempsey. It's a cute movie, albeit rather predicatable romantic comedy, but just up my alley.

Joe (and Sean) are grilling for his mom and for me for dinner tonight.

Sean succeeded in making his mom cry once again with his mother's day gifts. He can really be a sweetie when he wants to be.

He got me 3 things. The first one is a ceramic trivet thingy that says God could not be everywhere, so he created Mom's. He drew some things and he said said he tried to draw a robot but he messed up. It has a cross, and some smiley faces, and some blur that is the messed up robot. Of course, it made me cry. They got to do whatever they wanted and he saw that saying in his Papa's garage but he said it about Grandma's so he changed the words.


The second thing was something he made in computer class. The 5 reasons I love my mom..




The last one was a picture with a poem. Sean chose "If Mom were a movie star" and he did a really impressive job (I thought, and that's really all who matters, since it's my gift. :) ) I am going to frame this one.






If my mom were a movie star..

If my mom were a movie star,
she would be all star
She would be the best movie star you've ever seen
She would look like she was eighteen!

She would be in many movies I'm sure she would
and I'm sure I'm positive she would be good
She's be in a movie called "The best mom EVER"
and in a movie called "very clever"

She'd never turn to any drug
and she'd still be quick as a lightening bug
She would still be very fun
And she would still like having fun in the sun

If my mom were a movie star
She's still the best mom ever
And she will love me forever
Even when i'm thirty-two
Or when I'm acting blue

Happy Mother's day mom
Love, Sean

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

How very sweet. You are so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving, and creative son! I love the poem. And it's clear he loves your Disney days as much as you do!

My, you tan well! Holy moly!

I'm so glad you are having a wonderful day. All that talk of the boys grilling makes me wish we had thought of that!

Happy Mother's Day!

Amy said...

Wow, what great gifts!!! So creative!!!

Sandi said...

Susan
You are right it is blazing hot already, kinda worried summer is gonna be steamy.. I'll take it any day over winter weather :)

Those are the sweetest gifts from Sean, you tell him he did awesome. I am glad you had a fun day with your family.

Happy Mothers Day! heres to being kaz mom's next year.

sandi

Alysa said...

Sean even made me tear up with his gifts! What a sweetie!

Everyone keeps telling me how much boys love their moms. Obviously the case for you. (I can't wait to have my own little sweaty and smelly boy to love to pieces!)

So glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!

Angela said...

Aw! Happy Mother's Day, Susan!

You are truly mama extraordinaire - not only to Sean, but also to all of us out here in Blogland!

Sean's gifts are awesome! What a great kid - behind every great kid is a great mom :)!

And, 56 degrees here today! So much for working in the garden. I have proclaimed a second Mother's Day so I can have some outside time I can enjoy.

Karen said...

What a great boy you have. You must've been thrilled with his gifts--obviously a lot of love went into making them.

Boys and mamas--can't beat that!!!

Hugs from Garrett's mama

The Cook said...

Happy Mother's Day...I hope you had a great one and got lots of hugs from that handsome son of yours. Hoping you have double the hugs next mother's day.

Gretchen said...

What a sweetheart. :) He is going to make a wonderful big brother. Those are the sweetest presents.

Patrick & Eileen said...

Sean is a very loving child. I should be so lucky! He really does have a creative mind!! But his mom was a great inspiration :)

Happy Mother's Day - I know you had a good one!

Eileen