Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Introducing...Jerome



This week is spring break for Sean. We have had a fun week hanging out together. I have to say, I really do enjoy spending time with my son. He is such an interesting character to hang out with (most of the time!). Today, we went out to breakfast at John's pass, right on Madeira Beach. It's a touristy type place, with lots of shops on the boardwalk. I think it's been a year since we've been there last, but Sean has a favorite shop in there, called "Grandma and Grandpa's puppets". Sean had his money he won in the Easter egg hunt, but I told him I would buy him a puppet as his first birthday present. He turns 10 in 2 weeks on April 15th.
Jerome is the puppet he chose. I thought of his name. :) Sean buckled him in the seatbelt in the car, and wants to buy him a Jerome Bettis jersey for a change of clothes. He cracks me up. He is cuddling with him on the couch right now. You can't really see it, but Jerome's shirt says...Life is short, Pray Hard, and has a picture of the bible in the middle. He is also wearing Red high tops (look like converse) and his a chain hanging from his neck and from his pocket. He is one COOL dude. :)
When we first started discussing adoption as an option to expand our family, we were researching countries. Sean really wanted to adopt an 8 year old boy from Ethiopia. Well, we didn't go that route, but now he has his buddy Jerome. :) We have decided he is 5. :)

We also picked out 2 adorable puppets to play with Baby Kaz with. One is a cow, and it came with 2 finger puppets-a carton of milk and lil pig. They are velcro, and the tongue is velcro on the cow. HA! The other one is a pink bear, and it has a mini puppet that comes with it. Very cute!! I figured we'd have fun playing with them together. Man-this child has a CRAZY big brother, WELL, 2 big brothers if you count Jerome. :)




We hit the beach this afternoon (Jerome stayed behind, as I told Sean he would get too sandy). It wasn't the most relaxing trip, because Karen and Ryan came with us. Ryan is my buddy who spent the night a couple months back and slept in the crib. He will be one on April 24th. Sean is great at the beach-he skimboards and I read magazines. Well, going with Ryan wasn't as relaxing. He likes to eat sand. :)
I figure I may as well enjoy relaxing low maintance time on the beach now. :)


16 comments:

Thad and Ann said...

LOL, I look forward to seeing Sean with BabyKaz, I think it's so great how into little kids he is. He will be a fun big brother.

Yeah, say goodbye to relaxing on the beach(or anywhere that has dirt) once you have BabyKaz home. :) I cringe everytime I hear the crunch, crunch of sand in their mouth...ick!!

Kim said...

Ann is right, bye bye relaxing beach days. The worst was Josh couldn't walk so sand would be everywhere, and I do me EVERYWHERE!

Stacy said...

Sounds like fun. I wish we lived by the beach, I love the sand, water and SUN!! Sean sounds like such a nice kid and I love, love love Jerome. Lindsay used to be a puppet master for a puppet show in town. It was the highlight of our month!!Baby Kaz's puppet are cute too. Any new news??

Jennifer said...

How great is that?! Sean is one cool kid!

Love the Baby Kaz puppets. My favorite is the little pink pig finger puppet.

Everytime the pigs come on Gigi's baby signs DVD she pays extra close attention so she must like pigs too. Her new animal word though is "Tuh tol." Any guesses? Turtle! We were in the bath tub last night and she kept saying, "Tuh tol, tuh tol, tuh tol.." all while looking for her turtle bath toy. Darn little plastic critter kept slipping from her hands! Oh well.. kept her busy chasing her tuh tol around the bath tub.

You know I envy you that beach! :-)

marsrob said...

Hilarious! YOur son is so funny! Love the puppet! Great to read your post!

Regina said...

I think Sean will be a fabulous big brother! That puppet is too cute and reminds me of the Muppets with the way his mouth is formed.

I like the little pink pig! It reminds me of the little piglet on Catalina's blog today -- did you see that? It melted my heart!

I really should take advantage of our beaches more. I hardly ever go anymore which is unthinkable by people who are landlocked. I'm sure we'll make more outings once we have our child with us!

Tricia said...

Sean is going to have so much fun with Baby Kaz. Nice to have your new family member, Jerome, in the meantime. Bye bye relaxing beach days? I'm in denial!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Those puppets for Baby Kaz are adorable and Jerome looks like a super cool guy. Lucky little baby, she is going to get TWO big brothers! Sean sounds like a riot.

Sonya said...

In a few weeks, Nicholas will see his first beach. We are meeting one of our Kaz families at the Outer Banks for a weekend at the end of April. We cannot wait. However, April might be a bit cool for alot of sun and sand in NC...we'll see. Now that Nick is walking, I know the magazines at the beach are done...over! It is official...walking is now our primary mode of transportation!

Sonya

Chris Sapp said...

Very cool puppet! I would love that store, too :-)

Kelly and Sne said...

Cute - Jerome! I think that your son will make a great big brother to Jerome as well as baby Kaz.

Angela said...

It is so great that you two were able to spend the week together. Yes, enjoy the time together and quiet times at the beach! I keep reminding myself of that. At some point, my time with Luca will be more limited - because of Saskia & kindergarten (oh my - I can't imagine him gone ALL DAY).

And, I agree with everyone else - Sean is going to be the best big brother!

Aaron and Julie said...

I love the puppets! Sean is awesome. Jerome - love it! The pig & cow puppents will be fun for baby kaz.

You will still be able to go to the beach :) We took Ben for the second time last weekend and this time he loved it. We gave him a bucket & a shovel and he was in heaven. He even ran into the water past his knees with daddy, laughing all the while.

Sam said...

Ah the name madeira beach...i love it there! i havent been there in years but my good friend lives in st pete so i hung out there often...jerome is too cute

Susan's Awesome Step Daughter said...

Your friends are just being nice, puppets make everyone uncomfortable, hahaa.
They rank with clowns on my Freak-Me-Out list.
Check your cell phone woman, you have picture mail. Guess who got 3 new tattoos last night!!! One for Bubba, BabyKaz, and Joey!

Love you!

Catalina said...

Catching up with your blog :). I am glad you are enjoying your time before you live, I am sure your Yoga helps you be calm and patient, however I hope you will leave soon. Relaxing on the beach must be helpful too :). I cant wait to see your baby. I think spring time will be ideal, before it gets too hot. Sean is really going to be a very cool brother and I am sure Kaz baby will enjoy playing with puppets, thats a great idea. I like what is writen on Jerome's shirt...."Life is short, Pray Hard!"