Friday, April 18, 2008

Has my greatest fear come to fruition?



This has not been confirmed by my agency, (yet) but this email came accross just now on the yahoo boards. This has been my fear ever since these rumors surfaced. My wonderful husband is a "young 52" but is 52 nonetheless.

4/19 Saturday morning UPDATE: First of all, I am overwhelmed by the sweet emails I have received from many of my blogger friends. It really DOES help to know that I have friends out there who care about us. THANK YOU. I did hear back from my agency yesterday, and my case worker said that there is a family in country right now who is over 50 and they are matched with a child. She said they are NOT aware of this and she is trying to get me more information. I saw another post yesterday that said the draft family code was introduced in parliament this week. I believe that is the code that has the age provision. The email said it was not one of the priority pieces of legislation but it is expected to pass in the next 2-3 months, but of course, that could change.
So, I don't really know much more than I did yesterday. I know that what we read on the yahoo boards needs to be taken with a grain of salt until it's confirmed for us by our agency, but it's hard to remove your emotions when this rumor has repeatedly resurfaced. Amazing how your mind starts jumping to conclusions even when you are trying to tell it NOT too. I am doing MUCH better than yesterday, because of my wonderful supportive blog friends, and my husband is pretty sweet too. THANK YOU EVERYONE for your warm thoughts and prayers. I feel them, I really do.


Is this why it's taken so long for us to get an LOI?

I may have a gorgeous Kaz rug for sale if anyone is interested.

My heart is breaking. I think it's time to resort to Plan B. Of course ,I am not sure what Plan B is, but I have a gorgeous decorated nursery, and love for a child, so there will be a plan B. I just fed ex'd a copy of new fingerprints off the the FBI yesterday. What a waste of time and effort. I feel angry, bitter, and overwhelmingly just really, really, sad.

Here is a copy of the email:

April 17 just became the worst day of our lives. We recieved what we
thought was "The Call" from our agency, they had an update on our
dossier. Our dossier was rejected, the reason being Kazakhstan will no
longer accept families with anyone over 50. I guess this is a cultural
thing, the average life expectancy is 58 in Kaz and they couldn't
understand why someone over 50 would want to adopt a child. We were
told this is something new and has never happened before and that it is
retro and will effect everyone no matter where in the process you're at.

So after almost 2 years of hard work 1 year and 1 month of waiting for
the call it wasn't the call we hoped it would be.

Please let me know if this is happening to anyone else.

This is such a bombshell WE have never felt so much pain in our lives.

We'll explore other options but all we really know is Kazakhstan is no
longer an option.
If you are over 50 or close to it I would reconsider International
Adoption it is risky and can change in a second.

We are now over $6,000 in the hole and have nothing to show for it
other a bunch of loan bills and a stack of now useless paperwork.

I just want save others from the PAIN and HEARTBREAK we are now going
thru.

23 comments:

Angela said...

Hey, Susan. I saw the post and thought of you guys. I hope that this is not the case for you - truly. Have you contacted your agency? Remember what we have been saying about the discussion groups? You just can't go on what you read there - there is often lots of misinformation. I hope you hear something soon. A big cyber hug for you - I wish I could do something more to help.

All my best,
Angela

Patrick & Eileen said...

I hope that you hear something differernt from your agency!! I emailed you privately too.

Big hugs,
Eileen

Sonya said...

Susan - I too saw the post and thought of you immediately! Please verify this with your agency. I have seen way too many rumors on the Yahoo board that were not always accurate! I am praying for you and hope you hear something soon!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

I agree with the others - could be an ugly rumor or someone trying to stir something up? I will email you also.
Shannon

Aaron and Julie said...

My heart is breaking for all that you are feeling right now and what is happening. I am praying for you & sending many hugs your way. I still hope that this is not entirely accurate & your agency is on top of things.

Chris & Christy said...

I am SO sorry Susan; I am praying that this may have been misrepresented on that post and that there is a misunderstanding or miscommunication somewhere. Lord knows the internet and Yahoo posts are not always accurate. Please keep us posted. We are all praying that this is not the case.

xoxo
Christy

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I hope this won't be something you experience. Try not to get too discouraged! (Easier said than done, I know.)
Thinking of you,
Jenny

Sandi said...

Susan, Joe and Sean..
I truly hope that his is just misinformation being stated by an agency that is not as solid in Kaz. We have learned in the past that many times these boards do not give us completely accurate information. So please have faith and talk to your agency. Hang in there... I am certain that an answer is just around the corner for you. I am praying that this works out the way it is suppose to.

Hugs... Sandi

Catalina said...

Dear Susan, I just read the email and then your post. I agree with Sandi, it happened in the past, we were all so scared and it ended up being just a false alarm. Be faithful, until you hear something for sure from your agency, dont get discouraged. Maybe is just for people whose dossier was still at the Embassy, is hard for me to believe, once your dossier has already been assigned to a certain region to be rejected. Please keep your Kaz rug for now and call your agency and ask them the exact information. I am praying for you, I wish I knew how to do Oms too, but I just hope this is not true. All the best, waiting to hear good news very soon. You are the one who always keeps our chins up!!

Miranda said...

Susan,
Please do not get discouraged just yet. Wait until you hear from your agency. This may just be another rumor. We will be praying for you, that all will be well and you will hear something soon.
Miranda

Regina said...

Holy moly! Ok, I understand why you're scared, but I really really really hope this is a rumor or just partial information. Surely they will honor those parents who are in process and so close. Please let us know what you find out from your agency.

Thinking of you and sending you big 'ole hugs!

xoxo,
Regina

Thad and Ann said...

I agree with another coment, surely since you have been assigned a region you should be beyond rejection. They wouldn't have sent you out of the MFA/MOE & all that. Sending you cyber hugs-
Ann

Joby and Marla said...

Hopefully it is just a rumor. You are in my thoughts & prayers!
Marla

Kelly and Sne said...

Yes, I saw that post too and it made me very depressed - and we're not over 50 (but Sne is pushing it). That's one reason that I am anxious to get over there. It feels like the longer you wait the more 'rules and procedures' they implement and the lengthier, more restrictive, more complex and costlier the process becomes. I am hoping for your sake that this was agency-specific and won't impact you at all. Perhaps you can work with your agency to speed things along? It's too bad that no one is there at least lobbying for families that have one parent under 50. I'm going to be hoping for the best news for you.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I just read the emails on the boards and I was thinking of you. Defintely don't panic -- the boards have so much bad information out there. Plus it may be the region or there may have been other issues with the dossier. A whole lot of questions...plus you have already been approved by the MFA, MOE and now are in your region so even if it is true I can't imagine that this would apply to you. (Most likely an issue with current dossiers being submitted.) I will check with my agency on Monday to see if they have heard anything.

We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness, Another bump. I am prying for you girl!!! Keep your chin up! Everything will work out. you know how rumors can be, don't listen to them (or you'll get an ulcer) until you have confimation from your agency!!
BIG HUGS coming your way!
Stacy
xoxoxox

Gretchen said...

Remember this is CHI we are talking about. Stay strong and know we are thinking of you. (((HUGS))))

Gretchen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

Susan:

I'm so sorry to hear this law has reared its ugly head again and I feel your pain and frustration. But remember this, they did accept your dossier and it is in-country, so hopefully you'll be grandfathered in. Also I agree with everyone here, yahoo discussion groups are filled with rumors that help stir the pot. I can't believe God would get you this far without allowing you to realize your dream.

Big hugs,
Karen

Catalina said...

Susan, where are you? What did the agency said???? I am thinking of you.

Jennifer said...

Oh man Susan... what a week this truly has been. (I didn't understand what you meant in your email till now.)

I hope this is an isolated case based on agency, region, wording, whatever it is that has nothing to do with you. My heart goes out to that family though. So, so difficult.

You are in my prayers.

Kim said...

Susan -

I am so incredibly sorry to have heard this news the other day and I didn't realize until now that it might affect you. I hope you hear some news from your agency soon. Don't listen to group rumors until you are absolutely sure everything is true. I will pray this doesn't affect your adoption.

Kim

Sam said...

Hey. I am so sorry. It sucks! I can't even imagine! I felt this same way when thewhole thing was coming down about the 2 yr wait. There are Plan b's (once you wrap your mind around the whole redoing everything...its a daunting task!) hang in there though you know how those rumors go....I am not joining the yahoo groups for that reason alone.....