Monday, September 17, 2007

Obessessed

I sent off my notarized I-171H to Tallahassee to a courier to apostille that bad boy for me. Now i'm obessisively going to the fedex.com website with the tracking number hitting refresh so I can see an update. It was picked up at 12:39 pm and it left it's origin at 8:39 pm this evening, in case you were curious.

I tried to chill out. I drank my Miller Chill, took a bubble bath, and read my new Self Magazine and vowed to lose 8 lbs in a month like the skinny chick in the article. But then, I had to come in here and just see where my package was. It still left it's origin-NO CHANGE.

I went to the closet to look at all the adorable clothes I have for Baby Kaz and then I just started crying. I'm not crying because I am sad, I guess I am just so in love with this child that I don't even know yet. I'm so excited and anxious and nervous. I played with some of her toys and looked at some of her books.

I think it's time for me to go to bed and then I can wake up early before my run tomorrow and check on my Fed Ex to see if it arrived in Tallahassee yet.
I think I will wear my new Kaz necklace tomorrow to keep her close to my heart.
I Love my Kaz necklace. I'm doing her room in her Kaz colors too.

Am I just a total psycho?

10 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

You are just so sweet! Obsessed? Perhaps. Maybe closer to passionate!

I keep hitting the refresh button on my email to see if I have an email from Anna our adoption representative.

Actually, I think this "refreshing" activity is similar to what lab rats do. Maybe crazy is the best term!

Where did you get the Kaz necklace? I want one!

Anonymous said...

"I went to the closet to look at all the adorable clothes I have for Baby Kaz and then I just started crying."
"Am I just a total psycho?"

I think you just answered your own question!!! You ain't right Momma!!

Regina said...

Yahoooooo!!!! I'm so glad you got your form! I'm giving you a cyber high five right now.

Feel like you're watching a pot of water come to a boil? Or grass grow? Or Christmas to come when you were 8 years old? :-)

Cheers,
Regina
www.ruopoliadoption.blogspot.com

Aaron and Julie said...

I couldn't help but laugh - I remember the fedex.com refresh exercise all too well!

-Julie
waiting Kaz family

Gretchen said...

Yes, you probably are a psycho but all this about the adoption is normal. haha:) You are getting closer to her each day. It will happen!!

The Cook said...

You are not a psycho. I slept two nights on the floor of Sophie's nursery and like you we had no idea who she was or what she would look like. I missed her so much before I even met her. You and I are a lot alike...both very emotional and passionate...how can you not be? It is your baby after all.

marsrob said...

I totally understand...you are not psycho at all! It is SO hard to wait when all you want to do is get over there and be with your baby! I feel the same way.
And I know what you mean when you say you are in love with her already and you haven't even met her yet.
Hang in there!
I have to admit that I'm impressed that you made time for yourself and took a bubble bath! I am having a difficult time sitting still. Good for you!!! Maybe I'll try to do that too!

Jennifer

Chris Sapp said...

I love your Kazakhstan necklace, too! I have to get me one of those sometime! I remember the loooong wait and all I did to keep myself occupied. And now, as I write this my little boy is pretending to be Santa Claus as he wipes vanilla ice cream on his chin. SO WORTH THE WAIT. Have you checked out Kazapalooza?

www.kazapalooza.blogspot.com

Would love to meet you!

Sandi said...

You are so NOT obsessed. YOu are waiting for a dream to come true. The waiting sucks. Knowing that my paperwork is in country and waiting for someone to tell me my daughter has been identified. I sit on pins and needles daily.

we are going to get our kids and we are doing it together. So hurry up get that document to the agency today and tell them to expedite PRONTO :)

Maybe we will have to get just one more shopping trip in together before the adventure around the world starts.

Karen said...

I think you're the most enthusiastic mom I've met in a long time. Thank you for following my blog and posting encouraging comments. We're also dealing with the age issue: I just turned 50 and my husband is 56.

We hope to adopt an older child (3-6). Our agency has reasssured us repeatedly (through all this Parliamentary stuff that's going on) that because we're adopting an older child that we should be fine.

Of course, I'm still nervous as we wait anxiously for our 1-171H to come in (they're working on early July approvals now)—we're mid August. Time isn't on our side and I feel it every minute of the day. Between my anxieties and the immunization shots I got the other day, my immune system is working overtime to get rid of this cold I have.

I'm just so happy you've gotten your CIS approval and I'll just live vicariously through you for a while.

Well I better get back to work here.

Karen