Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My I-171H Is NOT so elusive anymore!!

No, I didn't get it YET! However, at my friend SandI's consistent, relentless, URGING and the strength of a Miller Chill, I got up my nerve to call our local UCSCIS office to inquire about the status of my I-171H.

I was told they'd research it and call me back.
I was taking Miles to the vet to get a vaccine when they called back.
There was some confusion on my homestudy about how many children we were approved for.

My most awesome case worker called and it was straightened out and she was told I would receive my approval right away.
She expects me to have it on FRIDAY!
Now, THAT would TRULY be a TGIF!

Thank GOODNESS I called. I wonder how long it would have been sitting there.
THANKS SANDI AND THANKS MILLER CHILL!!!
Yes, I know Sandi..i owe you a drink. I will buy your next Miller chill. :)

God Bless America and God bless Kazakhstan!
I am HAPPY TODAY!
And, to top it off, we picked out Baby Kaz's crib and dresser/changing table last Saturday and BABIES R US just called-IT'S AT THE STORE READY FOR PICK UP!

It's a great day for Baby Kaz!!!



Oh HAPPY DAY, OH HAPPY DAY
my I-171H is on it's way

Baby Kaz-hang on -soon we'll be headed to Kaz
and you'll soon find out -your mom is a SPAZ!

I think you'll love your brand new crib
I've got you new clothes and even new bibs!

We can't wait to get you home
Where you will NEVER be left alone. :)

9 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH! Its going to happen!

Sonya said...

Congratulations! It will be happening soon!

Sonya

Sandi said...

Yippee.. I can't wait for my Miller Chill. Oh I really mean I am so excited can't wait to see that 71H

Sandi

Gretchen said...

You are too funny. Glad you got up the nerve to call and it all worked out. We had a problem with ours too. I think they said they never received our hmestudy or something like that, anyway, YEAH!!!

Jeannine said...

Great news, and a great little poem/song..

Jennifer said...

You are so fun (not spaz)! Thank you for making me laugh! Course, I know the feeling well! Ok, so where are the pictures of the crib?!?! :-) Just kidding. I'll wait until you actually get it set up. :-)

Karen said...

OMIGOD...great news!!!!!

The Cook said...

Yeah! That is sooooo exciting. I finally got our 171 the day before Thanksgiving and boy was I thankful.

The Cook said...

Okay, I brought the following clothing items:
8-1 piece no-feet outfits from carters
1-little sweater from Gap
1-pair of jeans
1-jean jumper
1-pink warm up suit
1-pair of pink ugs size 12-18 months (I used big socks)
3-bibs
1-turtle neck
4-onsies 2-6-9 month, 2 9-12 month
1 bathing suit
2-pairs of pajamas
1-snow suit
1-hat and gloves
1-pair of Robeez size 6-12 months
4-pairs of socks
2-pais of tights 1 6-12 months, 1-12-18 months
toys:
1-leap frong caterpillar
1-soft photo book (plastic)
1-musical book
1-blanket (big)
1-blanket (small)
1-car keys that made noise
1-teething ring
1-stacking toy
3-little balls
1-play cell phone
1-soft bumble bee toy that was like a rattle

Others: (I used these because I made one trip)
1-box disposable bibs
2-baby spoons
2-bottles (should have brought a few more)
1-box pedialite powder individual servings
1-container of puffs
1-nail clippers/hair brush
1-box of bathing mitts-disposable and already have soap on them
1- really nice outfit for leaving the baby house

****I also brought with me a first birthday shirt in case she turned one while we were there. She didn't but I wanted something in case she did.

*****We were there for a holiday-Easter so I brought a little bunny to use in pictures for her first easter. If you will be there during Halloween or Christmas time it may be fun to bring a little prop.

My gosh, that was my packing list for little Sophie and I used everything.

I think that is all

She wears a size 18 months now.