Thursday, September 13, 2007

Baby Kaz Inventory

Now that I have some idea when I'll get my I-171H (even though I'm secretly holding my breath until I actually see it with my own eyes in my very own mailbox), I thought I better take inventory of what I have purchased for my lil Miss.
I tend to do everyhing "overboard", or so some people say, like my husband.
So, thanks to Muriel Elrod who sent me her list of the things she took for Princess Sophie, I thought I should inventory my purchases for Baby Kaz.
Now, keep in mind, it's not easy to purchase clothes for a kiddo that you don't know their age or their size. So, I got a variety of things.
Now, those of you Kaz parents who have "been there, done that" what should I bring and what should stay at home?? What am I missing? At this point, there is no room for anything for the adults, only for Baby Kaz. And, we are approved for siblings. In the rare case that happens, I only have things for the youngest child. Or, heck, none of this could fit. Who knows???!!

Anyway, here is my list. What do you think?
Help me weed it out.

Outfits


1 pink corduroy skirt (12 months)
1 pink super soft cardigan zip sweater (12 months)
1 adorable pink corduroy hat (6-12 months)
1 12 month sweatshirt and pants
1 12 month sweatshirt and pants
1 pink velour sweat suit (baby) 6/9 months
1 12 month purple velour sweat suit with long sleeve shirt 12 month
1 12 pink sweatsuit that says GIRL
1 12 MONTH pink and green camo l/s jacket and green cords
1 12 month long sleeve one piece outfit with pink and brown polkda dots
18 month old osh kosh bgosh denim overall
1 12 month osh kosh b gosh denim overalls
One 12-18 month pink long sleeve one piece outfit and matching jacket (so cute)

Bottoms only
Black leggings 12 months
Pink leggings 18 months
Yoga pants 6 to 12 mos
Pink sweat pants (6-9 months
2 pairs of Tights (12-24 months)
2 pairs of tights (6 to 12 months)
2 6-9 months carters pants (soft cotton)

Tops only
Adorable pink princess sweatshirt (12 months)
One long sleeve osh kosh b gosh l/s sleeve shirt

Onesies
1 6 to 12 month long sleeve onesie (polka dot)
1 9 month pink soft outfit with feet
4 Levi’s baby onesies (short sleeve) size 6-9 months
1 9 month green and white onesie with feets
One 6/9 month tan onesie with a lion on oit
8 onesies ((long and short sleeve) 12-18 month old
6 -body suits 9 to 12 mos
3 white onesies 9-12 months
2 floral onesie 6 to 12 months
5 short sleeve onesies 9-12 months with cute sayings
6 sleeveless body suits (9-12 months)
5 pink design onesies (9-18 months)
3 turtleneck onesies (2 18 month, one 12 month)
1 12 month long sleeve one piece outfit with pink and brown polka dots
1 12 month soft Carters one piece (no feet)
1 12 to 18 long sleeve onesie (polka dot)

Sleepers and Pj’s

1 9 month green and white onesie with feets
1 12-18 pair of jamies (long sleeve top and pants that say BEAUTY sleep with a crown)
One 1 month onesie (sleeper) with feet that says baby


Cold Weather Gear
2 Crocheted beanies 6 to 12 mos
Pink hat and gloves (not sure of size, but they look big-way cute)
One other pink hat and mitten size 6-12 months)
1 snowsuit (Size 18 months)
1 12 month long sleeve sweater with zipper (so soft)

Shoes
Carters suede shoes (9-12 months)
Brown suede boots with pink fur (6 to 12 months)
Moccasins with fur (6 to 12 months)

Sox

6 pairs sox (size 9-12 months)
6 pairs sox (size 3 to 12 months)
6 pair sox (6-12 mos)
3 sox (12 to 24 mos)

Bath time

12 baby washcloths
Purple cow washcloth that is also a puppet
Adorable duck washcloth, that is a puppet and A BOOK (way cool)


Toys and books
(Keep in mind-30 hour plane ride and also vists to baby house and once we get her in our apt) MUST HAVE VARIETY!!
1 yellow duckie feet rattles (not sure of size but think 6-9 months)
1 infanto pinwheel rattle toy that is totally cool
4 tummy time soft books
10 more soft books ( I AM CRAZY FOR BOOKS!)
6 hard board type books
Fisher Price stacking blocks
Neurosmith sunshine symphony
Infanto pail pets
1 elephant zoobie pet (stuffed animal, and blanket, and pillow)
One pink elephant that records your voice
1 lamaze discovery garden soft book with teething ring
1 find me activity ball (pretty darn cool)
First years stacking turtle shell surprise (so cute!)
Cleo the Cowgirl that attaches to things and also she jingles-fun
ONE SOFT cuddly doll that says Jesus loves me and also rattles.
Baby Einstein WRIST books

Other Baby Kaz “Must Haves”


2 baby photo albums (One Sassy WHO LOVES BABY and one soft one) and I am putting pictures of family, house, dog, etc so she can learn to recongize us.
1 blanket baby (small blanket and its way soft with a cat head)
Bibs qty 16(one that says if you think I’m messy, you should see my mom..LOL)
1 sassy toy organizer fish bag to take the baby house
12 pack cloth diapers for spit up stuff
1 orphan allies medical set (all kinds of stuff for baby-it’s awesome)
Couple baby Einstein dvd’s for the plane ride home
2 baby blankets (super soft for baby house)
1 Mom, 1 Dad, and one brother that love her VERY much and can’t wait to bring her home!!!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

What about a photo album with pictures of all her friends and family, bedroom, wtc. We took one and Serik loved it! We used a soft cloth one for babies.

Susan said...

whoops, i forgot to put that. We have a couple of those. I will add that. thanks Gretchen. :)

Sarah said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and look forward to catching up, but wanted to comment on your list. We have adopted from KZ twice. We took a medium sized suitcase and a carryon size suitcase along with a backpack and laptop bag, for four people who traveld to adopt two more new kids. We have never paid an overweight fee (they are quite hefty). Less is more!

Wow! What a list you have! Most of it I would save for when you are home! I did not adopt an infant but I took my 18 month old with me to adopt our older children and we were gone for 60 days. She had about four outfits that coordinated so I could mix and match to make several more different outfits total. (I did the same thing with my 6 year old who went with us as well.) I took three t-shirt onesies, two pair of pjs, and four pair of socks. While over there I ended up buying tights for my daughter as it was very cold.

Everyone in our family had four pair of socks and four pair of underwear. I did a load of laundry pretty much daily in our apartment. If you are staying in an apartment with the option to do laundry there, you will need far fewer clothes than if you are staying in a hotel, though most hotels will do laundry for you, you just have to pay. People there wear the same thing over and over again. You might get tired of the same four outfits but you will see that your translator and coordinator have about four outfits too! :) If you bring things that coordinate that really makes a huge difference in your choices of what to wear! Layers are good! It can be very warm inside and then very cold outside.

You will find you are able to buy anything you need over there. Toys are more universal than clothes in terms of age so if you take anything I'd take toys and if you buy anything over there I'd buy clothes so you can buy knowing they are going to fit.

Packing and what to take is one of my passions! :) I see families loaded up with just tons of luggage and things and well I honestly never would have survived lugging more than the little we did. It makes travel exhausting and you pay a lot in those fees that you could spend on buying things in KZ that you know will fit rather than fees to bring stuff you don't know will fit. My biggest piece of advice though going that route is to bring lots of things you will use up while you are there and not bring home... so that you have space for the things you buy. A fold up duffle bag helps too. You will bring home more than you take and if you packed to the limits with things that you have to bring home you will run out of room! :)

Hope this helps!!
Sarah
taylor.sp@gmail.com