Saturday, September 18, 2010

Princess Day



One of Leeza's VERY FAVORITE birthday gifts was an adorable lil trunk of dress up clothes-3 dresses, with matching shoes, necklaces, and crowns and tiaras. I had no idea she'd enjoy dressing up so much as she hadn't shown an interest yet in dressing up in tutu's or really in anything princessesy yet.

Well, that has ALL CHANGED. In part of my 4 huge boxes of books I got from the Wellington garage sale, were several brand new princess books (That tell a moral..patience, being a good sport, etc) plus TONS of Disney stories. Well-that was that and she loves them. Plus, we were invited to a very special birthday party in December AT THE CASTLE at Disney so she needed a princess dress.

We had to take Sean, Joe, and Papa to the airport to attend Tommy's wedding (Joe's nephew, Sean's cousin, and Papa's grandson) so I declared it "Princess Day" and we went to Citrus Park Mall where they have a Disney Store.

OH!MY!WORD! It was the cutest thing EVER and Leeza was like STAR STRUCK by everything. She had been vascilating between wanting a "Snow White" dress or a "Belle dress" but we looked at thos, and then she saw "Cinderella" and the rest was history. :) It comes with LIGHT UP PRINCESS SHOES (CUTEST THINGS EVER!) and a really cool headband with a tiara crown thingy. DARLING!!!

We ended up spending quite a bit of time in the Disney store, and Mommy ended up spending quite a bit of cashola. :) We got a couple movies..Sleeping Beauty (cuz I've not even ever seen it) and Mickey's Road Rally, a Minnie and Mickey Leeza really wanted,Cinderella figurines, a princess ball, and some jammies. Um, yeah, so Mommy has zero will power but watching your lil girl just light up is PRICELESS and I love seeing her so joyfilled. :) Disney is so magical...even for this 44 year old "princess of yesteryear"



We got a few darling clearance items at Gymboree and Children's place, then we went to dinner at the most yummy place..Red Robin Gourmet Burgers. I had heard it was good from Emilie-our amazing swim teacher. She was right! To watch my princess figure, I just didn't eat the bun and had a Sam's Adam Octoberest beer (yum!) while Ms. Leeza had Mac and Cheese. We had a lovely time using our manners, cuz that's very important when you're a princess.

Leeza wanted to put her princess dress on after dinner, so, we did. Yeah, she got tons of "ooh's and aahh's" all over the mall, because, after all, a PRINCESS WAS IN OUR MIDST!! Since a coach was not practical, the BOB stroller was her chariot. :)



We had the sweetest waitress EVER and she darling and told me she thought I was a really special mom to make such a big deal out of having a princess day for my lil girl. It was super sweet, but what she doesn't know is I think I have more fun than Leeza. :) I'm SOMETIMES mean like the wicked stepmother though. :)

After dinner, we rode the double decker Merry Go Round in the mall 3 times. Best $5 ever..the princess has a magical evening. :)







As I was posting mobile uploads to facebook and I said how much Leeza loved Princess day, a close friend said "but isn't EVERYDAY Princess day for Leeza?" I laughed and thought to myself, "yeah, well, kind of, but this is the first time SHE FEELS LIKEA REAL PRINCESS" cuz she's got the dress!!"

It was hard to get the dress under the car seat straps, but we did it, and the princess fell asleep on the way home. :) What a fun day. :) I love your Princess Leeza Grace Serra. I thank God and your fairy Godmother EVERYDAY for the gift of your presence in our lives. :) I don't know how we got so lucky.

4 comments:

Trudi said...

What a memorable day for both of you! Your blog was so beautifully written that I felt I was along with you. Leeza in her Cinderella dress is gorgeous - blue is a great color on her! I cannot imagi e you without Leeza or Leeza without you. There is such a strong connection between you that transcends all....it is beautiful beyond words

Julian and Sara said...

These Kazakhs and their Princess focus! Somehow totally appropriate.

And Princess Leeza looks beautiful in the gown.

By the way, if you are wondering/concerned about ALL of the hundreds of page views from our part of the world - after every meal, Zoe now insists that she wants to look at "Leeza pictures" - over and over and over... She knows how to navigate through blogs and youtube by herself, so she absolutely adores your blog.

Maren and Peter said...

Rinat wants to know if they have prince outfits at that store to dress up in :) Looks like you guys had a fun day!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

ahhhh... what a fun day and a precious princess! :)