Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ch Ch changes happen so quick at this age!










Oh Ms. Leeza! You are making so many changes at LIGHTENING speed the last few months! You have made HUGE strides in swimming, and your vocabulary is starting to explode too. I LOVE the way you sing -especially-"Fly little Firefly Fly" from Sesame Street. You are a FUNNY little girl. Of course, with all these RAPID changes-comes some new behaviors I am NOT as keen on-namely THROWING things, and CRYING like a drama queen when you are told no. I know that "this too shall pass" and will instead try to focus on ALL THE POSITIVE things you are doing and learning!



Leeza with Emilie's keys and flip flops after our swimming lesson


Today, we went to "open gym" at gymnastics and you AMAZED me! I am BLOWN away with the difference in your strength and fearlessness. You jumped on the trampoline, climbed up to the BIG STEEP slide ALL BY yourself, hung onto the big rings FOR A VERY LONG TIME and dropped into the big foam pit. I cannot believe how STRONG you've gotten! I guess all that swimming and learning to pull yourself OUT of the pool has helped that upper body strength! I was so impressed with how you actually "waited your turn" with the other kids. We tried a gymnastics class when you were 18 months, but it was a disaster. I am thinking you might be ready now! You were so sad when we had to leave, where as before, you were always ready to go before time was up!!


It was Emilie's birthday today and we went to the store to get her a cupcake, a card,and a Sesame Street Happy Birthday balloon. You LOVED her musical card and you REALLY loved the balloon. You kept saying "Leeza balloon" so I was a bit worried that would not give it to Emilie. However-once again-you suprised me. You were very excited to give it to Emilie.

Last night, we had to go get Sean some jeans for "jeans day" at school. My ever present "Elmo magnet" that you are-you found yourself an Elmo backpack AND some Elmo shoes. How could I say no? You have to wear tennies AND socks to preschool (a new thing for us) AND you needed a bigger backpack, so it was clearly a "win-win". I had YOU pick up some socks. You wore the shoes all thru the store, and when we got home, you wanted to show Daddy! However-I put the socks on and YOU FREAKED OUT! Clearly, we have to practice wearing socks. I'm glad we have to wait until you are 2 to start preschool cuz we are gonna have to get used to that. Today, we put them on, and after an intial freak out, you settled in and we wore them and you looked pretty sporty, if I do say so myself. :)






Getting mad at the backpack cuz she wants to carry it like a purse,not roll it. So..she threw it.




I am so excited for you to start preschool after you turn 2.I know it's going to be SOOOOOOOOOOO good for you. You are a very smart and determined young lady, and I am so proud to be your mommy and watch you grow...but I could really DO WITHOUT THE DRAMA and the THROWING OK?

Your next challenge is to learn to "swim swim swim" then "float float float", and I have NO DOUBT that you can do it.It's hard to believe that just LAST WEEK you were still crying like a wild banshee when it came time to backfloat. Now-we never hear a tear-and you're trying to flip yourself over. I know you'll get there!! YOU GO MY STRONG LIL 23 MONTH OLD..YOU GO!!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Aw, what a sweet post to your beautiful Leeza. She is definitely growing up. I can see it the last set of pictures- she's losing the baby look, and is starting to look like a gorgeous little girl.

Why does it not surprise me she found everything Elmo that she could? Ha, ha! When she outgrows all that stuff, you can have your own Elmo themed ebay store. :-)