Thursday, December 4, 2008

What happened?


What Leeza does when you ask her..."What happened Leeza?"

This was taken with my phone on the way to get our Christmas card photo's taken by my incredible photographer friend Karen. It will be the first Christmas card I have done since Sean's first Christmas...9 years ago. It was always so hard to get everyone together, then I just blew it off. Since I have not gotten Leeza's adoption announcement out (never did a birth announcement for Sean either...man, I am a horrendous mother!!), I knew I HAD to do a Christmas card photo of at least the kids that live at home!

We will see if any of them turned out. Sean looked incredibly desheviled, and he cut his bangs (just one strip of them) so he looks really pretty stupid. (I know that sounds mean but truly, he looks stupid!!) He was "bored" so he just cut his hair. For such a smart, mostly sweet kid, he can be so..."10"!!! UGH!! Leeza would not cooperate either, and wanted to walk instead of sit still, and would not keep her shoes on. LOL
I had the cutest lil headband for her, but she ripped that off too. {Sigh} She also had a cute Christmas purse that was handed down for her older cousins, but of course she threw that aside as well. She did not get the memo that she needs to be Mommy's perfect Christmas angel and cooperate with me for the perfect Christmas photo, apparently.

So, we'll see of all the millions of photo's Karen took if we can find a couple that will work for a Christmas card.

Since I also do not have a family photo since Christmas 1998, I am going to try to have Karen do our family photo's this year since Joey is coming home for Christmas and we are not going to Dallas. I am trying-really-I am. :)

Leeza has been crabby lately-and TIRED. She will go into her room and try to crawl into her crib. She will yell until I come in and put her in her crib-gotta give it to her, she knows when she's tired. She is a great lil sleeper though and for that I am grateful.


No Nasal Puncture-but surgery on Tuesday, December 9th!

Please say prayers and send warm thoughts for Joe. His chronic sinus infections and another one in Kazakhstan prompted him to FINALLY see a doctor, and it's a good thing he did. Not only does he have 2 polyps that have to be removed, he has a huge cyst that must be removed too. YUCK! It's a good thing he did not let them do that "nasal puncture" in Kaz-it would not have done any good and probably resulted in some insidious infection. It's an outpatient procedure, but he has to NOT eat for 2 days after surgery-cold liquids only. He did ask if Guinness counted-which made the nurse laugh-but said NO ALCOHOL. He also has some trough he has to have below his nose to drain all the gook. That sounds pretty disgusting to me. They said he should be able go back to work that next Monday. He wanted to wait until after the holidays but they refused to give him ANY MORE antiobiotics-it's that bad. In fact, they wanted to do it today, but he can't be on an any Advil, so they had to wait for that to get out of his system. I am anxious for him to be rid of this so he can feel good ALL the time. Poor guy!!

Happy Birthday sweetie!!
We celebrated Joe's 53rd birthday yesterday and I think he had a great day. We kept taking pictures of Leeza and emailing him on our iphone. :)

When I look behind me in the back seat, I still am so thrilled and excited and amazed that "Baby Kaz" is here and home with us. Her blue eyes are just so stunning to turn around and see...and look much prettier when she is not screaming her head off in the back seat....




11 comments:

Angela said...

Cute pictures as always. I am sure you will find a keeper in the batch your friend Karen shot. You know, I didn't sound out a birth announcement for Luca either. I just sent out a holiday card with his first formal photo on it. Bad mom! I really stink at getting stuff like that together. I am trying to do something this year as well. But, holiday always coincides with the end of school and the end of school always feels crazy. Anyway, Leeza looks awesome. I am sorry that Sean cut his bangs. I don't look forward to stuff like that . . . but he is just expressing his individuality right?! :)

Karen said...

Poor Joe—that sounds painful especially to have it done around his birthday (was he able to sneak in b-day cake?). Happy Birthday Joe!!!!

Leeza can't take a bad photo, so I'm sure you'll have tons to choose from. Can she PhotoShop some bangs for Sean? Hopefully by the time you get around to the family portrait, they will have grown in a bit. LOL.

Jennifer said...

Wow, your phone takes great pictures!

I don't feel so bad about not having perfect Christmas photos either now. I know just how it is- take a million and none of them are just right. Your photographer person is awesome though.

I really hope Joe feels better after the surgery. That's amazing that it's so bad that they're refusing more antibiotics.

Sean's bang story sounds funny. Not to you I'm sure, but from blog-o-sphere, I can't wait to see the photos!

Tricia said...

Put me on the Christmas card list (if you can find the time)! I need a photo of Rustam's buddies that we can put on the fridge. I am sure you will get a great photo in one of them. Don't feel bad about not sending out the announcements. It is a lot of work and you have your hands full now. I am not doing Christmas cards this year because of all the work the announcements were. I am sorry to hear that Joe has to go through that. Ugh, it does not sound pleasant. Thank God he is managing here and not in Kaz though. Leeza looks so pretty in her Christmas outfit.

Alysa said...

Leeza is such a beauty! Sean is going to busy keeping all the boys away from his little sister! She is very photogenic -- no doubt you will have some good Christmas photos. I just can't get myself geared up to go get those and I'm sure I'll kick myself later if I don't.

Sorry to hear Joe has to have surgery, but at least once he's recovered he should feel much better. Brady is having chronic sinus issues still. We'll have to see what the doctor says next week.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the Christmas card will be great. Hey, maybe you don't get around to some things, but you do a fantastic job with keeping all updated on your blog. It's appreciated!! Praying for Joe.

Jeannine

Kelly and Sne said...

Leeza is so photogenic that you could use any photo of her for announcements or cards! Good luck to Joe - that doesn't sound like fun but hopefully he will get better for good afterwards.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I'm sorry to hear about Joe but I think the surgery will really help and he'll be happy he did it (but not until a few weeks after the surgery...)

I've missed a few Christmas cards too --- so we are determined to do one this year. (I say that every year though.)

dnd82001 said...

Hoping Joe is feeling better and I'm sure that after the surgury he'll wonder why he put going to the doctor - Men are so funny with that stuff! She is gorgeous and I'm Sean will look great no matter what little style he gave himself!!!!

Life is good!

Darlene

PS - Now that you mention it I would love to send you our annoucement (yeah I did get them out) I wasn't going to let such a big event pass without it and used a photos taken while in Kaz and it came great - when you can email me your address ok!!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I hope your Christmas pictures turn out. Those pictures of Leeza in her car seat are beautiful!! Maybe you can send one of those out if Sean's hair just looks too stupid!

We had an outdoor photo shoot for Roxana's Gotcha Day, and it was so cold. Poor Roxana was freezing. The baby house would never have approved. Oh yeah, and I left a bag at home that had change of shoes to go with her change of outfits. Well, I hope they turn out OK.

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear about Joe, but glad he is taking care of it. I will keep him in my thoughts...

Her blue eyes are so captivating. Her pictures are wonderful. I could just stare at them. You must be in heaven everytime you look into her little face.

Tracy