Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008 started off late, but ended really great!!!



We had a wonderful Christmas day,in fact, I'm ready to "hit the hay"
But I downloaded my pics so up later I'll stay

Christmas morning started off late-Leeza Grace slept till 30 minutes past 10
She was sleeping so sweetly, I hated to ruin her "zen"



No one really minded, as we patiently waited
Although I wonder if my other kids thought that Leeza was sedated




We opened our stockings and let Sean see his Santa suprise
Knowing Leeza wouldn't "get it" yet due to her 15 month size




At last she awoke so gift opening could commence
I was so excited I could barely contain my suspense




All the Serra kids were happy, from age 28 to 3 months plus a year
Since my kiddo's were happy, it made mom shed a tear

Leeza had a blast, she was a real Christmas joy
And honestly, she would have been thrilled with nary a toy

Just give her some paper, or some bows pulled off the wrapped boxes
She's happy carrying around her shoes and her sock's

It just makes my heart happy to see her filled with such joy
She knows that's she's loved-so, really, who needs a new toy. :)

10 comments:

Tricia said...

Rustam woke up at late at 10:30, too. It must have been all of the Christmas Eve excitement for them. He was definitely much more interested in the paper and putting things in and out of the boxes. Glad to hear that you had a great Christmas with the whole family.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

My computer has been down for 3 wks and I've been missing all the blogs but I finally got it back on 12-23 just in time to see all the blogs, especially darling Leeza! Merry Christmas! Berik got into it after he started opening a few things, but I will admit that he does usually prefer boxes to anything. Looks like you had a grand day! Gena

Sandi said...

Another great poem. I am so happy that you had a wonderful Christmas. Love the pictures.

Sandi

Thad and Ann said...

aw, that is so sweet Susan! I'm glad you all had a great Christmas, Leeza is such a cutie pie! Love the last pic. :)

Our Family of Bloggers said...

What's with these Kostanai kiddos that sleep until 10:30? Astana girls wake up bright and early- at least our's does! Looks like you all had a wonderful day, and so true- the presents/ toys are just an extra. So special that you had your girl home for the holidays :-) I love the picture of her in the gift bag- it's like she's saying, "hi, I'm your gift!" What else do you need!
Merry Christmas Serra family!
Hugs from AZ

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas! I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day!

The pic of Leeza in the gift bag is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! Thanks for sharing your poem and beautiful pictures.

Blessings,
Jeannine

Trudi said...

ADORABLE! And guess what - that's the last year she'll sleep til 10:30! I just love all the pics - thanks for staying up and posting them! :)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Merry Christmas, you rhyming fool.
It's OK, I still think you're cool.