Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life at home ( 7 1/2 weeks already!!)





As I sit here on this chilly Saturday morning with my cup of "Joe" and my entire family still asleep (at 8:07 am..the SLACKERS), feeling refreshed after a nice brisk run this morning, I thought I'd download the many pics on my camera to showcase a little bit of Leeza's life at home. I can't believe we've been home 7 1/2 weeks already! Leeza is doing great and crawling is DONE-she is a walking machine-working on running-and her favorite new gig is walking holding things. She is a brute-and likes to carry big heavy things around with her. It's HILARIOUS to watch. She was walking like Frankenstein with her arms up in the air, but now she puts her hands on her face or her belly. I think she is working on her balance. When you say 'HO HO HO" she puts her hands on her belly and slaps it 3 times. She keeps us laughin,that is for sure!


She has adapted to our busy life very well-and is happiest when we are on the go. However, she does need her sleep, and is a definite 2 a day napper, but sometimes we've skipped one just because it doesn't fall into our schedule and she power naps a little bit in the car, but mostly, she prefers her crib, her elephant and her soska for her best sleep. :)




She can rally for a while..but once she hits that wall when she needs to sleep..CLEAR OUT cuz she is one cranky broad! She does know when she is tired though-and will walk over to her crib and try to climb in. It's so cute at night time now. I say, Leeza, night night time, and she will walk over to Daddy, and give him a kiss, walk over to Sean, and give him a kiss, then usually walk over to Sean again for kiss number 2, then walk to her crib where I lift her up and re-unite her with elephant and life is good! :)



We were given a killer jogger stroller-lovingly used,but my friend Shelly put new tires on it and oiled the joints-and we LOVE IT! We love to take our 3 mile walks with Miles...and it tests mom's coordination with the 100 lb dog and the stroller! It's a "win win" for everyone!!







She had round 2 with sitting on Santa's lap, at one of my best friends annual Christmas party. She has had them for 10 years, with Sean attending her very first one, his very first Christmas. It was so fun to have Leeza there with us this year. Sean took her up when her name was called, and she wasn't scared, but she didn't give him a big smile either. She kinda looked at him like, "Now, who are you again?"





It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

She really digs the lights that daddy put up on the house. He did a LOT less than he usually does, but it still looks amazing and Leeza thinks her daddy rocks!!




We got to meet a fellow Kaz "cousin" visiting Orlando from Canada-cute lil Zoe!





Life with a very fun big brother is rarely dull...






Leeza thinks it's way more fun when big brother gives her a bath...Mommy won't get in...







Well, I'd better wrap it up...it's an hour later, and my whole family is now up, except for Leeza, sleeping beauty is sleepin in on our Saturday..it's now 9:11 and she still sleeps....LOL

Here is a video of happy Leeza "jumping" with her Daddy. It's especially hilarious because Sean thought I was taking pictures (Not video) and you can see him posing. He's such a dork. :)


18 comments:

kitzkazventure said...

I can't get over how much she favors you guys! Amazing! What a cutie, cutie! Her shirt should be mailed out next week before we leave for Chritmas vacation....to tell you how behind we are...I just ordered our Christmas Cards today! nice! Enjoy this wonderfully special holiday with your two BEAUTIFUL children! ky karen

Regina said...

Oh Susan, I love this update! It almost makes me feel like I just visited your home. ;-)

She is such a joy, and her laugh is like music! I love the photos of her in her black outfit. It really makes her coloring pop.

Joe, nice job on the decorations! We can hardly find time to even rake our yard these days. A far cry from the meticulous past.

I'm so excited you got to see Zoe and family! She is a beauty too!

Much love to you all,
Regina

The Cook said...

Soooo glad you updated...love it! Awesome.

The Cook said...

I really love the video...that laugh OMG!!!

Karen said...

It's so fun to bounce on papa–Leeza's little laugh is infectious. Very sweet. Great post. There's always lots going on at the Serra's.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Seropisly, those are some beautiful eyes you have there, Leeza!!!
Okay, I had all of this to write, and now I hear my own sleeping beauty waking up. Hugs from AZ.
And we LOVE Pump it Up! What a fun holiday party. The house looks beautiful and festive and I love the pics of Leeza "walking" Sean on a leash. What a funny big bro.
And so nice you got to meet Zoe!
Hugs!!!

Jennifer said...

So cute! I loved when she mimicked Sean in the video by throwing her head back right after he did.

What a great stroller! That is so nice. I love our big wheeled stroller- they are so awesome.

I can't believe she's working on running already! Seems like just yesterday she was a little baby in your arms.

I bet that was so heartwarming to have Leeza at the Christmas party you've always taken Sean to. A perfect milestone.

What a great update! Glad to hear you're getting your runs in again!

Aaron and Julie said...

Ok, wait a minute. Your family sleeps past 8 AND Leeza takes 2 naps a day!!!! Wow! Precious that you got to meet Zoe :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. It warms my heart each time I see your happy family.

Merry Christmas!!
Jeannine

Alysa said...

Has it really been 7 1/2 weeks already?! Some days it seems like yesterday (and other days like last year) that we were in Almaty with our cute little Kaz babies! BTW, the baby part is going by WAY TOO FAST!!!

Leeza is getting more gorgeous by the day.

I'm so jealous of all the Christmas decorations! I haven't had a chance to get a single thing out yet!

dnd82001 said...

Love the post!

I find it very intreetsing how it seems the kids home from Kaz seem to have so many of the same mannerisms!?! So odd I think - Actually amazing really - when I read blogs and they talk about certain things a new little one does it is just like reading about Nicholas - for instance Nicholas loves to help me with things - pushing the laundry basket around - lifting something heavy - help put clothes away - almost like they were taught the same - to take care of thngs - such as put his toys away. Daycare says since he has been in class the other kids see him putting thngs back and they are following his lead - the teachers are thrilled - even with the drinking from a cup.....all so funny......and interesting that so many Kaz kids do the same types of things!!

Anyway - Lovely home and lovely family!!

Darlene

Matthew Ruley said...

Everyone looks so happy - love the pics of the bathtub!

Can Leeza give sleep lessons to Andrey? He's up an hour before the sun goes down and he was still awake when I left his room about half hour ago. I'm exhausted and he's ready to go-go-go!

Christmas will be awesome!

Julian and Sara said...

Hello Serras! It was SO great to meet you in Orlando. We got to see gorgeous Leeza with her amazing blue eyes and cute little nose. Yes, our circumstances could have been better, but it was still nice. I love all the photos, especially Sean in the bathtub with Leeza. How fun!

Anonymous said...

My favorite part is the last second, when Leeza stops and Joe asks "are you done"? Hilarious, and captures the spirit of who is really the boss in our families.... the toddlers ;-)
Shannon

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Your decorations are beautiful, just like your family!

Sean's a great big brother. The fact that he's willing to get his clothes wet for his little sister is so sweet!

I loved hearing Leeza's laughs and squeels on the video!

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

love the pictures.. especially the bathtub shots... what a GREAT big brother... you can see how much her adores her in the pictures... so sweet... brought tears to my eyes...

Tracy said...

I love the video... she is such a happy little baby girl.

Thanks for all of the beautiful and fun pictures...

Yes, you may have a future basketball star on your hands...
Tracy

Tricia said...

Those tub photos with Sean are going to be priceless later in life. I love hearing Leeza laugh! How cool that you got to meet Zoe, too.