Saturday, October 20, 2007

S & M (x3)

How funny am I ...I just thought of that title for my post.

What is S&M (x3) you may ask?
Well, I met some local Kaz mommies for lunch today. Yes, women I met ON THE INTERNET. That's so crazy. And, we're all pretty much normal (relatively speaking!)
All our names start with an S (Susan, Shannon, and Sandi) and we're all on a crazy quest to become Mom's (Hence the M) by adopting our munchkins from Kazakhstan.
We talked about how crazy it that we talk about all our "friends", people we only know thru their internet blogs.
When we asked the waiter to take our picture, I said..."we are all adopting our children from Kazakhstan and we met on the internet. You can include us in your crazy customer stories to your friends later."

Here is a picture of our celebrating that we're not crazies from the internet.



Here is a picture of the 3 HOT MOMMA'S...the S&M gals!!!



We were looking at cold weather gear since we think Sandi is going to travel in December or January!
Check out Sandi in the Ugg Hat.




We also found these really cool boots from Northface at Nordstrom's. They were like $100 but felt like tennis shoes. If it's still cold when we go, I think i may have to get some. They were called Women Nuptse Fur Winter boots. I liked the white/foil gray one. They were cool! and, I just found them online for $80. But, I cannot buy another thing. I don't think I'll need them if we go in March.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, those are some hot chicks! But you forgot to mention the waiter's face when we said Kazakhstan. Total confusion. But he was nice and cute and a great waiter!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, those are beautiful boots! You could always buy them and then in January, come visit me in the frozen tundra (aka Minnesota). :-) Check out http://www.convergentpaths.com/post.php?&entryid=87
to see what I mean!! :-)

The Cook said...

man, I wish I was there. All three of you guys rock! I want to read your blog for sure. Hey, did you talk about me? hehe

my e-mail is
murielcollison@hotmail.com

I hope I get invited...makes me nervous like waiting to be picked for the kick ball team in grade school :)

Karen said...

Can I be included even though my name starts with a K? Hey, K for Kazakhstan, does that count? And "S" for SteinMart. How cool is that? :-)

marsrob said...

Ok, I am SOOO jealous that you 3 went out without me! I am so glad you all connected and had such a great time! You are ALL BEAUTIFUL!!!! Beautiful moms-to-be!!!!
- Jennifer

Karen said...

The Ugg's come in real handy up here in the Twin Cities. I was told by a native Kazak (no less) that the region we're going to (Uralsk) is far colder than MN. More like Siberia in January. With our luck it will be January when we're over there. Ugggghhhh.

Chris & Christy said...

Okay, I am seriously jealous!! I wish that I were closer to you so I could have joined you all for wine and boot shopping! I am going to have to check out those boots, I just bought a pair at Gander Mountain (on sale for $50) but I really like the ones you posted. Pleeeeeaaaase invite me to your secure blog, I sent an email. :)

Christy

Sam said...

Ahh this is so cute! I need to find more Kaz families out my way! Congrats on your dossier making it to the embasy!

Laura said...

What a great time! I'm in Florida and wish that I lived closer to such three fun and cute ladies!!

Regina said...

That is so cool that you guys all connected!!! I'm not too far away (in Charleston, SC).

You all 3 look so happy and expectant and beautiful! You are glowing.

Cheers to you,
Regina