Friday, October 19, 2007

My dossier is AT THE EMBASSY!

Well, we're moving along folks. The Serra dossier is at the Kaz embassy!

It's been an emotional week. I read some adoption stories that ended up negative with a couple returning home with no child, and being treated very poorly by their agency. It was very heartbreaking. Then, an email comes accross the yahoo boards that there is a bill that is expected to pass in December that would limit the age of BOTH adoptive parents at 50. Apparently, the bill was drafted in September, must pass both houses of parliament and be signed by the president before it goes into effect.

So, what does that mean? First, after I cried my eyes out for 10 minutes, I decided I could do a couple things. I could freak out and stress and be depressed and worried until we find out more, OR, I can be positive, hope for the best, and realize that the right baby for our family will meet us one way or another. Hopefully, we can proceed with Kaz.

My aunt and grandma hand stitched a BEAUTIFUL quilt for Baby Kaz. It's their intrepation of the Kaz flag. I need to get a better picture of it but this is the best I have right now. Is it not AWESOME?





I was very touched. It can go in the crib, or hang on the wall, or be on the floor for the munchkin to crawl around on.

So, I think we need to get to Kaz because this kid has her own special hand stitched quilt.

I am very emotionally and financially committed to this child, so I just know it's going to work out. Thanks to all my new blogging adoptive friends who have been so nice with their comments. I really appreciate it.
I have met so many wonderful people and I am really greatful.
I love ya'll! :)

8 comments:

marsrob said...

Congrats!!! Hooray! And good for you - what a healthy attitude you have! Very inspiring.

Jennifer said...

We love you too for all the support you give us!! Congratulations on the dossier. It really won't be long now! Way to keep the faith through thick and thin.

Anonymous said...

Susan it's going to happen and she's going to LOVE that quilt What a loving gift.

No worries!
Shannon

Matthew Ruley said...

Susan, you are doing so well. I've had a crazy week here too squirming away about this adoption thing and well, you know. You amaze me with your calm and steady about this, and Jen & Marshall say - inspiring. Keep it up. That quilt is AMAZING. Bring pics with you to Kaz for court! I'll try to be calm too. S

Karen said...

Very cool quilt. I love it and so will your daughter.

Yay--your dossier made it to DC while ours made it to NY--all on the same day. What's the chances of that?

Anonymous said...

OMG, that quilt is BEAUTIFUL! What an amazing illustration of the LOVE that your child will be surrounded by when you get her home -- and you will! You're doing great, Susan. Keep reading, keep running, keep busy -- it will be here before you know it! You KNOW I am praying for you and sending lots of positive karma your way.

Karen.

Diane Brule said...

That quilt is SO beautiful -- what a loving gift!

marsrob said...

That quilt, is, by the way, AMAZING. Totally GORGEOUS.