Saturday, July 17, 2010

A tent fit for a princess (and a cat)







Leeza received this tent as a gift from a special friend last year. She didn't play it in much, but she liked it. It was in the other room, so I moved it into our great room, off the kitchen, where we all hang out, and put a bookshelf in it, a basket of books, her pack and play of stuffed animals, stuffed animals on the bottom to sit on, musical instruments, her vet kit she got from Aunt Nicole for Christmas, and her and Benjamen like to spend LOTS of quality time in there. :) It's really cute.

Sean's school had a MAJOR garage sale and I got 4 HUGE boxes of books for both kids (about 25 books for Sean, and about 75 for Leeza) plus this bookshelf. Most of the books were in BRAND new condition. I couldn't say no. I paid $20 for ALL OF IT. Joe was not thrilled when I brought it all home, however. :) I couldn't fit the bookcase in the tent, and I asked for help. His response was "No, that belongs IN THE DUMPSTER, AND i am not helping you because that will encourage you to bring more crap in this house". Not willing to be deterred by Mr. Crabby, I disassembled the tent and fit the bookshelf in. Sure-it's crowded, but Leeza LOVES it in there. I am so glad I have helped to foster a love for reading with both her and Sean. Yes, I know I overdo EVERYTHING, but tis my nature. :)








When we're not busy in our tent, we're at the beach. We went for sunset Friday night and had the pleasure of getting to play with Alexa (from Taraz, Kazakhstan) and her mommy Shannon. They only live in Tampa, but we SUCK at getting together. We vowed to do better, as it was great to see Shannon and the girls hit it off very well together. :) They're both smiley, happy, run around kinda beach gals, very loved and both born in Kazakhstan. :) I LOVE THAT!









3 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

CUTE tent. Miras is starting to do the same kind of play in his airplane 'tunnel'. And the cat likes it too but the dogs not so much. Wish I lived closer as the sunset beach party looked like a blast!

Jennifer said...

I am so impressed! I have never seen a more full, organized, and purposeful tent in my life!

Love that you have Kaz friends you can get together with. Very cool!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

just adorably fun!! a great idea!!! we've done tunnel but a tent -- that is awesome and no doubt the budding "i need my space" gal is loving it :)
you are such a smart thinker :) thanks for the great update and awesome pictures --- 3 in a few weeks. hard to believe :)