Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer fun!









I can't even believe it's July ALREADY! I was in Target the other day getting Ms. Leeza a new movie or two, and they're already putting out BACK TO SCHOOL SUPPLIES!

We are having a great summer. Leeza has completed 3 weeks of camp, everyday, from 9-12, followed by swimming lessons, followed by a nap. :) It's been working out very well. Emilie is just amazing with Leeza. She has a gift with children, for sure. I know I could not teach her to swim. She stops what she's doing when I come out and watch so I stay inside and peek out the window. :)

It's been a rainy past few days, and Leeza watched the Tinkerbell movie on the Disney channel with Daddy one night, and LOVED IT and would not stop talking about it. So...off to Target I went to look for it. I got Tinkerbell and Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure. Who KNEW Tinkerbell was so freakin cool? I really enjoyed the movies and fairies are cool. Sadly, Sesame Street can't compete with the new love Leeza has for Beauty and the Beast, and now Tinkerbell. She still loves all her Elmo books and Elmo toys though.

I went to trade in some of her shoes at a consignment store yesterday and ended up finding a BONANZA of a book sale. She already has quite the extensive library, (just like Sean did) but I just can't resist new books. I ended up finding her about 50 or 60 new books, for about $70, including a new bookcase, one of those cloth numbers that you can slide the books in. I spent naptime rearranging her books, and setting up her princess tent for a lil Leeza haven. It now has a basket of books, lots of stuffed animals, some musical instruments, some blocks, and big stuffed animals to lay on. Oh my gosh, was it a hit. She spent a long time in there playing.

I found this easel at the consignment store a few weeks ago. Leeza LOVES to paint, and it's a great rainy day activity too.















If her painting career is a bust, she can always try for American Idol....

2 comments:

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Leeza looks so sweet and girly and gorgeous in all the pictures - especially the first one. She has a sweet little voice, too!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Excellent job Leeza!! Cute as ever!