Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sassy McSasserson



Oh the things kids say........and if you don't write them down, you forget, so here I go.

Last night, after Leeza's bath, I was trying to get her to stop jumping on her bed to get her jammies on. I have learned to just not argue, cuz she digs her heels in more. I just tell her "ok, when you're ready, come get mommy" and I leave the room. Usually, within a few minutes, she calls me and tells me she is "ready to be nice".

Sure enough, 5 minutes later, she calls me and tells me she's ready to be nice and read books. Then she tells me, "Mommy, it's not dark yet, it's not time for bed". I said, "well, actually, Leeza, it is dark out now, look outside", to which she says "No, mommy, listen to me, the sun has NOT set". She's so freakin cute it's hard to get mad at her sometimes. :)

Her big brother Joey is in town from California and she LOVES him. She told me "Mommy, I love Joey. I love Joey More" I said "More, more than what". She replies "More than mommy, and daddy, and Sean". I told her that we love EVERYBODY in our family and we don't love anymore MORE than anyone else. However, I am glad she loves her big brother so much. :)






Here are a few pictures of Leeza...after swimming with a fudgesicle, and playing in the pool with Sean and his buddy Chad. They ripped off Elmo's feet. :(





5 comments:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

so so cute.. our LM has gotten quite sassy, as well, and it is quite the balance between not getting mad or bursting out laughing, and finding the just right response to keep things moving in a good direction! she is so cute! the chocolate pop photo is precious :)

Lisa said...

Hmmm.....*smile* just wait....girls seem to have a special knack for the bits O' Sass ~ that's how our darlin' earned the nickname Miss Pants...short for Sassy Pants! :)

BUT it also comes with whole heaps and doses of charm, cuteness factor and girly girl sweetness.....the trade off is SO worth it all!!

Luv the pics....she could easily be dubbed, Cutie Cuterson too!

Kelly and Sne said...

but at least she's trying to rationalize her dissent. That's gotta be better than a tantrum any day. Miras has started on "why?" for everything. It is driving me batty already!

Julian and Sara said...

Okay, so is this nature or nurture? :)

Kristi Gruizenga said...

Wow, can'te believe how TALL she is! That and sassy. :-) I love seeing how she's growing up.

Love from,

Kristi and Mieke in Tashkent