Saturday, April 24, 2010

Touch a Truck is SO fun!!




I am not sure who has more fun doing all these "kid things"..Mommy or Leeza. :)
Today is a very sunny, warmish day in Tampa Bay so we headed to Dunedin for "Touch a Truck." I took the kidlets to the Donut shop first, but Sean wanted dropped off at home before we ventured onto Dunedin. Seriously, Sean? Why don't you want to go to Touch a Truck? Sean asked "Isn't Leeza going to be the ONLY girl at Touch a Truck?"
Um, no SEXIST BIG BROTHER, she won't be. Leeza is fairly girly girl, BUT, girls like to climb on big trucks and gaze at hot firefighters. :) The funny thing is, that when Sean was 2, he was so afraid of loud noises. All the kids honking the huge truck horns would have FREAKED HIM OUT. However, Leeza is not afraid of anything, unless, you are a bug. She has no problem with loud noises and she thinks big trucks are really really cool. :)

I took an impromptu photo session at the donut shop, but it cost me.I had to pay Leeza a penny and Sean a quarter.:)

















After our fun photo session, off we headed to Touch a Truck. It was such a gorgeous day....warm, but with a nice breeze and lots of cute firefighters. :)
Leeza and Ryan got to climb in this HUGE crane and make it go from side to side and back and forth. It really was quite cool.












In addition to having control of the cockpit in the crane, Leeza got to sit in a Bayflight helicopter AND, have free ice cream,and sit in a garbage truck, a firetruck, honk a big truck's horn several times, graffiti a car, sit in lots of other trucks and EVEN A GO KART and SEE THE CHICK FIL A COW!! I mean, seriously, can you have any more fun for $2? I don't think so!!! She got to sit in a forklift too...heck, she could work in her daddy's warehouse now! The lady who was "manning" the forklift commented that when Leeza got up in the forklift, that was the "daintiest and most girly" girl she'd seen all day. AWW! Leeeza is so dainty looking..but she's TOUGH. Well, I thought she was tough until a girl smaller than her totally "manhandled" her on the lil playground area before Sean's football game last night. First, she kept grabbing Leeza from behind and picking her up and kind of throwing her. THEN, she kept SHOVING and pushing Leeza until she fell down. I swear this lil girl must have some big brothers. I asked her to stop, but sweet Leeza kept wanting to play with her. The third time she shoved Leeza over, I got pissed and picked up Leeza and bought her M&M's and we just sat in the bleachers to wait until Sean's game started. I was SO PISSED. Ok, anyway, here are some pictures of Leeza's fun day "touchin trucks" and running "amuk" :)




























We had a blast at Touch a Truck. I pretty much had to drag Leeza outta there. Within 5 minutes of being in the car, she fell fast asleep. Sadly, 30 minutes or so later when we arrived home, she was done with that. I really miss naps. However, I have noticed, if we take "scheduled" naps like we used to "back in the day", I cannot get Leeza to go to sleep. She is already a night owl, and her "natural Leeza" clock has her sleepy at around 10 pm. If she takes a nap, that moves it to 11 or later, and Mommy gets up at 5...I so can't do that. She normally sleeps from 10 pm until 9 am, sometimes later if she's really tired. So, my job as her mommy is to keep her busy busy busy and try to wear it her out, so that at least, I get a 30 minute nap while she's in the car. By the way, my job, which has been called " a stay at home mom" is a total MISNOMER. We are rarely at home! I would not trade this job for the world, cuz I really do love it, but man, it can be EXHAUSTING. :) I worked full time when Sean was little, but he was my little napper...and had a HARD HARD TIME giving up a nap when he went to kindergarten. Leeza has always been a girl who LOVED her sleep, and she still does, but not during the day, and not until 10 at night. :)
Love you sweet Leeza, my active child o mine. :)



1 comment:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

priceless photos of her on all the construction equipment! nothing wrong with a pretty girl who ain't afraid of gettin dirty :)