Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sad day for a fashion forward mommy....



At Kindermusic class today, another Mommy had on the CUTEST pair of Fit Flops. I pretty much LIVE in my fit flops, and I have 4 pair. I haven't bought new ones in over a year. Well, once I saw these new ones, I had to have them. :) So, conventiently, the Flip Flop store was right on our way home.

How fun are these?


The Flip Flop store is FUN! They have tons of flip flops, and crocs. Personally, I hate crocs. They are UGLY! They are clunky and I have never bought any for anyone in my family. I know people love them, but I think they're hideous.

Well, they had tons of DARLING lil kid shoes. Leeza tried on a pair of gold Reef sandals that I loved. She walked around in them, and then declared "Eeza no like these". UM, what????!!!!! YES YOU DO, LEEZA! They are so cute!!! No, Eeza no like.

So, with big tears welling in my eyes, I let her choose some. Sadly, she chose the ugly clunky crocs that cost $30. $30???!!! What is wrong with me? I am the EBAY DEAL FINDER! I don't even like the freakin ugly shoes. However, my sweet blue eyed girl liked them....so I swallowed my pride, my taste, and cried that my days of dressing my diva could be nearing an end. Thankfully, she mostly likes the clothes I like. She is picky about shoes though. I would have just bucked up and bought the coveted gold Reef sandals anyway, BUT, she has zillions of shoes and if she doesn't like them, she won't wear them.

Oh, I am sad, indeed.

But, she still likes to dress like mommy. Here we are in one of our Kaz colored inspired mommy and me outfits, with the matching silver shoes....before the dreaded trip to the dark side (Crocs)





I shudder to think what's next....

1 comment:

Jstar said...

Well, I think they're adorable... but that's coming from a decided fashion backwards mama :)