Thursday, April 22, 2010

and it all started with the ugly shoes.......


Oh Leeza, Leeza, Leeza, Leeza.
Since this is your baby book, I have to chronicle all your important milestones, cuz your 43 year old mommy is bound to forget some things. You were in rare form last night, my sweet lil Leeza Grace.

Personally, I blame it all on your rejection of the super cute gold Reef sandals, and your subpar choice of expensive crocs, which your mommy should have but the kabash on. However, I am a "softie" Mommy and I was the same with your brother when he was little, and man, those baby blues can be hard to resist!!



Anyway....at 11:30 pm last night, I am in a deep, sound, exhausted sleep, but I hear something, thanks to my ever acute mommy ears. :) I get up, and your pocket door to your bedroom is open. On the floor, in the middle of your room, on your Kaz rug, are about 30 books that you have emptied out of your bookshelf. I suppose you were doing some late night reading. However, Eeza is NOT in her bed.

I venture out to the kitchen, where I find you, on the kitchen floor, fastidisously going thru the contents of my purse, including my wallet, as you LOVE money. I said, rather LOUDLY ..."LEEZA GRACE SERRA..WHAT ARE YOU DOING??" You jumped...caught in the act. I picked you up, uncerimonously dumped you BACK into the safety of your bed, and cleaned up the mess. You cried and carried on for 10 or so more minutes, until I fell back asleep.


Of course, your daddy never heard any of this transaction taking place. This morning, when recounting the story, after my obligatory 5 mile 5 am run that is NECESSARY for mommy to relieve her FRUSTRATION, he laughed and said "that girl!!" She is now on the other side of 2 1/2 , on her way to 3. The 3's will be fun as she tests EVERYTHING you've taught her, and then when you get mad, she will just crawl up in your lap and say "Mommy, you're awesome!" and all will be forgiven"

Don't count on it Leeza. Yes, your mommy is a softy, and yes, you may look like a lil angel,but this momma doesn't like bratty misbehavin kids WHO WAKE HER UP FROM PRECIOUS BEAUTY REST...no matter HOW AWESOME YOU SAY I AM and how you bat those baby blues...


4 comments:

Kelly and Sne said...

Good thing she's cute! (We're fortunate that the plastic barrier we installed on part of the side of Miras's bed is enough to keep him IN his bed at night!)

Becki Stone said...

LOL! I love it!

Kimberly said...

Hysterical! You have some great ears!!!!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

hilarious -- wait til she decides she wants a snack at midnight. can't wait to read that story too :)
way to go, still waking up for your am run, regardless the unexpected mid-night mommy run! :)