Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas part Deux...Florida style!









We left Sunday morning for a 10:40 flightout of Dallas Love Field. I was fully prepared for the possibility that Leeza may very well act like a maniac again. This time, I wasn't taking any chances on getting peed on either. I put her in a pull up. She didn't like it either! "No mommy! Eeza wear panties!" but it wasn't worth her pride to save me from pee. :) Of course, since she did have a pull up on, OF COURSE, she didn't pee it once. Oh well...BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY! In fact, she was a complete ANGEL on the flight. She colored, she slept, she ate her peanuts and drank her apple juice like she was a seasoned traveler. Zero meltdowns, nary a cross word....THANK GOODNESS!

We got home right at 5, and I had to run go pick up Miles. Sweet Jillian had prepared the Serra tradional Christmas eve dinner (for the SECOND TIME) for us....Spahgetti sauce with squid, and, zaplas (fried dough), and Joey made a KILLER salad with romaine, red onion, apple, and other yummy things. Nana and Papa came over at 6, and Jillian and Joey helped me set the table with my mom's china. :)

We had a very nice dinner...Jillian did an AMAZING job!! She cooked for 21 people on Christmas Eve, and has taken over this very tedious task to help Nana out. I am so proud of her! In fact, she gave me one of MY favorite Christmas presents. She (and her boyfriend Kris) cleaned my car....(which was a scary mess) and even shampood my carpets! It was AMAZING and smells good too! It took them 4 hours!

Anyway, after dinner, I told Leeza that SANTA HAD COME to Florida and she should check her stocking out. She was SO MUCH MORE ANIMATED in her own home than she was in Dallas. She was SO PRECIOUS and VERY EXCITED about EVERYTHING! Santa left her some sweet stocking gifts...a purse with her name on it, a whole PACK of chapstick, 2 Elmo cd's, and a couple of new Elmo movies, plus a bunch of princess stickers, and some fun flash cards.









After exploring stockings, we moved into the room that held the tree. Leeza was really sweet helping pass gifts to everyone. She kept saying 'More presents for Eeza mommy?" It was so cute!







I got her her own lil laptop (hoping she'd play with it so I could play on facebook and keep her blog updated), and several fun Elmo things...2 bath toys, a coloring thing, some magnetic stickers, and her BIG PRESENT..a pink vw bug.




She is still kinda scared of it, but I think as she gets used to it, she'll like it. I bought it on impulse on KMart at 5 am on a killer black friday sale. :)







Sean's big present was "extreme room makeover" as he needed to "pretween" his room. We got rid of the bunk beds, and let him pick out a new bed at Ikea, and moved his xbox into his room, and he got a new flat screen TV. (brat!!) He also got a laptop, but it was recycled one. :) The laptop was a surprise, as he had an ooooold terribly sllllllloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow computer in his room, that his new laptop replaced. I started realizing that big brother needs "his own space" and "lil sister" LOVES to go in his room and wreak havoc.






It was so nice to have Joey and Jillian home. Leeza really loves them. It's so funny..she is now grasping who is in her family. Joey is now back in California, but today in the car she was saying "Mommy, Daddy, Sean, Joey, and Gigi"....YAY! She knows who her family is.

I feel so blessed to have adult children,and a tween child, and a wacky, crazy, precocious, sassy, precious 2 year old. Joe is a wonderful, generous man and I am proud to be his wife.

I was told recently (from a family member, no less! however, but by marriage) that was a self absorbed diva, and my facebook updates were the rantings of a diva. I got a good laugh out of that, especially when she told me "How do I get anything done because I am too busy kissing myself in the mirror". Um, I get up, run, take a shower, and never look at a mirror the rest of the day. I am pretty absorbed with my children, my family, and my friends, but I am happy that way.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all the "self absorbed diva's" who love their families. It's the only way I want to be!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I LOVE her pink car. It is so cute. I bet Sean doesn't come out of his room until he is 16. :) So cool!

Ugh family can be so cool and so lame at the same time. My aunt and cousin defriended me on FB but I have no idea why. My grandmother also didn't open the present we gave her until I asked her to as we were leaving her Christmas celebration. It was the only unopened present.

You certainly do not come across that way to me. You are obviously very focused on your kids and your husband. She is lame, don't give her another thought in your pretty little head. :)