Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tampa-Kaz girls unite..FORM OF..cuteness!!!



I used to watch some cartoon when I was a wee one called Wondertwins. They would touch their rings together and say...WONDERTWINS..FORM OF...(whatever they said) and they would turn into that thing. Alexa and Leeza were the Kaz "wondertwins" today and they were defintely CUTE! Alexa is really just adorable and sweet. :)

Adorable, petite lil Alexa, 19 months old, born in Taraz, Kazakhstan, daughter of the lovely Shannon, met Leeza (who looks huge to me, next to Alexa), 16 months old, born in Kostanai, Kazakhstan. They are only 3 months apart, and, hopefully, (if their mothers have anything to say about it) they will become the best of friends. :)

We met at International Plaza, "the fancy mall" in Tampa. They have a total kick @$$ play area, all Tampa Bay Ray themed (our baseball team). When you step on the bases, they play that baseball song (dananananananana!) The girls got a kick out of that.

Typically, Leeza doesn't really "play' with other kids..it's more "parallel play" at this age but she seemed pretty into Alexa. I'm sure it was because Alexa was so cool. Leeza also liked Rylie Tennen..I think she just knows a cool Kaz girl when she sees one. :)

We went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, where the girls split a bowl of Mac and Cheese. Leeza shared her "elmo crackers" very sweetly with Alexa. Alexa then shared her bread with Leeza. It was all wonderful until I got my food. Leeza then proceeded to have a screaming hissy fit. She finally calmed down after I let her sit next to me and play with my chapstick. Alexa just looked at her like, "whoa, chica, calm down...". I was trying to reach the snack container that Leeza dropped on the floor, which was also when she was having her spaz attack. The manager later came by to see if Leeza was ok, he thought she fell. She was just being dramatic and trying to lay accross the floor, and put in a show for all the incoming lunch crowd.

It's kind of funny-had that been Sean acting like that (back in his day, not now, when he's 10)I would have been a frazzled mess. Now, I'm like, whatever Leeza, chill out, and let Mom finish her chardonney!! :)

I put Leeza in the ergo and out we went, and then she was perfectly happy, and we ran a couple other errands in the mall and she immediatly crashed in the car on the way home and is sleeping angelically right now!

It was so great to see Shannon-and see her sweet lil girl. It was cute the way the girls actually played together and shared their snacks.

We are super lucky cuz tomorrow we are driving to Orlando after school to meet the infamous "Tougy", daughter of KJ and Steve. They are flying into Orlando for a conference for KJ and then a Vero Beach vacation. We are meeting them and Sandi for dinner. :)

I am so anxious for Sandi to come home with her lil munchkin so that we can all get together and celebrate her precious Kaz kiddo too...who I am SURE will not have hissy fits in Cheesecake factory like my 2 year old...oh wait,she's only 16 months...

I will close with the rest of the pics I snapped with my iphone cuz the girls were just toooo adorable. :)





15 comments:

Gretchen said...

WHat a great time! The girls are adorable. How cool that you get to meet Tougy! I'm jealous. :) Have fun.

kitzkazventure said...

Wow, you social-Kazamommie ! I went to vero beach often when I nannied and Tougy will have a great time....i just remember the great Grapefruit juice there and a place called Mr. Mannatee's or something like that. Have a great time visiting with everyone! It is so fun to connect, isn't it? The girls look fabulous at the mall...scoping for dudes, I imagine!

Karen said...

How come everyone visits/moves to Florida in January and no comes to see us in "balmy" Minnesota? Not fair. So happy to see the girls finally unite (and the big girls as well). Alexa and Leeza are adorable together. They're definitely BBF, no question about it.

Are you all going to Kazapalooza this year? Garrett is dying to meet all the cute little girls. He has so many to choose from. :-)

Kelly and Sne said...

Adorable! So great that you've been reunited! And you're so lucky to have Kaz families so close by. I'm envious. I think Miras is starting into the terrible twos at 18 mos too!

Kim said...

Oh what fun! The girls are so cute. How fun to have them close by. Have fun tomorrow!

Kim

Angela said...

Very cool! Sounds like the 2 Kaz cuties really hit it off.

Jennifer said...

They are definitely super cute! Sounds like you had a great time, scream-fest and all. I hope I have your lack of frazzledness with #2. With Gigi in the beginning, I got VERY frazzled. Frazzle-Mama! Now, not so much. I do hope I'm even less so the next time.

I'm envious that you get to meet all these Kaz cuties!! No fair living in a big city where everyone flies in to and out of. Nobody comes to my backwater part of the woods. (Sob!) :-)

The Gobble's (Lanetta) said...

that is so cool that you are getting to meet everyone... I'm jealous!! how awesome...

loved the pictures!!! Have fun!!

Thad and Ann said...

oh how FUN! The girls are adorable! Have fun today! :)

Our Family of Bloggers said...

All I have to say is I am glad that this time it was Leeza who was not acting so angelic. Now you know how I felt in the Tampa airport when my little princess was being a bulldozer over your delicate little princess!!!!
Looks like you all had a ball. Such a special bond. Have fun with the Morrisons tonight.
And for whatever it is worth, I am glad Leeza is becoming a strong willed little girl :-)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

That's great that you get to meet so many families who've adopted from Kazakhstan! It makes me look forward even more to Kazapalooza!

The Cook said...

It is so much fun to meet families with kaz cuties. I just love the adoption community. When are you coming to Chicago?

marsrob said...

Oh wow! The girls are SO CUTE TOGETHER! What a joy to have the chance to hang out with Shannon and Alexa! And now with Tougy and KJ and Steve too! AWESEOME. Love the internet. Keeps the connections so alive and keeps us all in touch. Leeza is SO PRECIOUS!

Patrick & Eileen said...

This is the cutest update!!! Oh, I'm so glad that Leeza and Alexa (and Shannon & you) got together. It looked like fun!!!

I'm checking in with everyone and finally taking the time to settle down. The in-laws left and I'm FREE to do anything (i.e. computer chats).

Take care,
Eileen

Matthew Ruley said...

Look at those sweeties together! SO glad Shannon is back. I dont know - I just felt a void here. Looks like fun!