Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


No news on travel plans to Kaz, but we are into our second full week of summer. We are having fun. Sean had sports camp the first week, and this week he took a break from camp. We went to Disney on Monday. We lucked out-great weather (not too hot at all, and pretty much no lines!!) He was in Camp "Sassy to Mom" though. We are keeping busy seeing all the new summer movies, and going to the beach. I thought I'd share what Sean did for Joe for Father's day this Sunday. It was really cute.

Sean has the gift of poetry like his momma. Here is the poem he wrote for his Dad. He made a "shirt" for his dad and the poem is written inside.




Then , we went shopping at Target after seeing "Kung Fu Panda" at the matinee (great movie!!) and Sean picked out all kinds of his dad's favorite things to put into a basket. I took a picture of Sean with it, I think it turned out cute. It includes peanuts in the shell, twizzlers, reeses peanut butter cup miniatures, his favorite gum, a new book from his favorite series, some fiber one bars for the office, etc. I think he will like it.



Sean can be a real sassy pants sometimes, but he also has a very sweet side. I really love the poem he wrote for his dad.

Onto the poem:

My Dad is not the same
because he takes me to football and baseball games

He is really nice
because he doesn't wear Old Spice

He is really cool
because he likes chillin in the pool

He really likes to boat
He really knows how to float!

Plus he really likes to fish,
and sometimes, he likes to wish!!

Happy Father's day! Love, Sean (with smiley faces and hearts)






Joe really is a good dad. He is so very patient and a good teacher. He has so much common sense. I am excited to bring up another child with him. He is just a really good man, and I am a very lucky woman to be married to him! He is a rock!!

10 comments:

dnd82001 said...

Both Sean's and your written words are so beautiful & I'd say Joe feels he is a very lucky one as well!!

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Awesome you should send those great boat photos to Kaz so they can see what a good life ( and what a good Daddy) Kaz cutie will come home to! Can't wait to see you,
Shannon

Patrick & Eileen said...

What a wonderful update! I have to agree with both Darlene & Shannon! You all are lucky to have each other. What a great family Baby Kaz is coming into!

My first thought when seeing the boat photos - excellent to take to Kaz!

Hey...I love the basket of goodies that Joe is getting. I saw many of my favorite things listed :)

We took in a 7:40 PM movie earlier in the week & saw Kung Fu Panda. It was a cute movie! We had popcorn for dinner. Going to the movies was a spur of the moment idea.

Have a great weekend,
Eileen

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Happy Father's Day, Joe! Hopefully you'll get word on the new addition(s) to the family soon!

Kelly and Sne said...

That's awesome that you both have such a thoughtful son! I asked Sne what he wanted for Father's Day this year - and, of course, custody of our boy which won't happen for another day or two. Next year Miras and I will have to suprise him with something good!

Thanks for the comments on the blog and the compliment! I am one of those disgusting people who stops working out and gets skinny (mainly because I lose all of my muscles). I do think I've lost a little bit of weight (a lot after getting sick) mainly because we haven't had the access to junk foods (except for our evening potato chip habit - but we split an individual sized bag) and sweets like I do at home. And we are at the BH all morning and all afternoon so I'm not snacking like I would at home. And the portion sizes are a lot smaller here. So, you shouldn't have too much problem losing weight here - especially if you can get out and walk some (we've been driven everywhere so I'm surprised that the lack of activity hasn't counteracted the lower calories).

Tricia said...

How sweet from both of you. Joe is a lucky man, too! Can I just tell you what a tease that boat picture is right now?! I am singing some Buffet tunes right now in my head.

Jennifer said...

What a great poem! Hey, can Sean send one of those baskets my way? Pretty please? I'm a choc-o-holic! :-)

Happy Father's Day Joe! I hope all of you had a wonderful day. Can't wait for next years Father's Day post!

Alysa said...

Happy Father's Day to Joe! That is one big basket of goodies and a wonderful poem! Your little Kaz girl has a fabulous family waiting for her.

Monica said...

You are such a sweetie Susan...thx for your recent comments on my blog. I love checking in here on you and am PRAYING you have some exciting adoption news to share here soon! Your pics are GREAT too. I read all the comments about the boat pics and I agree that it looks like a fun life you have to offer your Kaz baby. I hope she's there to join you in the very near future because we'll all enjoy seeing pics of her there in your tropical paradise too!

Karen said...

When I first saw that picture of Joe I thought, "wow—the LOI came—woo-woo!" But the rest of your post was great so I quickly forgot my first thought.

What a great son you've got there. He's so thoughtful and caring. And what a great husband too. It looks like you all enjoyed the day. (I can't wait to see Kung Fu panda—I love Jack Black—he cracks me up.)

Happy Father's Day Joe.