Thursday, February 21, 2008

Regionally speaking.....


I was waiting to post this news, but I've been about to bust a fuse
But it's been a couple days, so I think we're safe to say

Baby Kaz is waiting for us in the northern part of Kaz
I've seen A TON of kiddo's there so I'm really rather jazzed

Let's see, there's Zach, and Addie, and Anika, and lil Roxana too
Now if you're stalking blogs, do you have a clue?

My good friend Sandi's going there, she will be there very soon
So, do you know we we're going yet? We hope it's May or June!

Yes my friends, we are also going to the lovely region of Kostanai, or Kostanay. We dont know yet when we'll travel, as we have chosen to wait for our daughter. We've been told that summer is a good estimate for us.

I am very excited! There is another family with our agency who is there now, and are adopting the most precious little boy. I have watched several families who have adopted from there and have been very happy. Sandi is going in a couple weeks. I'm lucky that I have such a good friend going. We had hoped we may cross paths, but it doesn't look like we will, but one never knows! After being home with my sick son for 2 days and seeing how much school work he missed after only one day, I cannot imagine taking him out of school. I would want him to come, but the amount of work they do on a daily basis is truly insane. It would not be much fun for him to make it all up, plus commit to summer school. So, God's timing is good timing, and we'll see when we go! I will let you know!!!

For those of you who saw my other post that I had put up and had to delete 2 hours later, we were going to Astana. However, Astana is closed as of Tuesday, 2/19, so our dossier was transferred to Kostanai. Since we changed regions in a day, I wanted to make sure that Kostanai "stuck" for a couple days before I posted our region. :)

We are very excited and looking forward to following Sandi's journey.
By the way, Sandi is 40 today. Be sure and email her and tell her HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

:)

16 comments:

Chrissy and Russell said...

Hey! I'm first to post a comment on this entry! Cool!

Okay, here's my comment:
YAY YAY YAY!!!
Kostanai ROCKS!!!!!

Congratulations!

Matthew Ruley said...

YahoooOOOO Congrats! You have such a good attitude about this whole thing it just amazes me. I know you must have been excited and then disappointed about Astana, but Kostanai is awesome!

Angela said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It's pretty cool knowing what region your daughter is coming from. We can start sending some major prayers that way!

Stacy said...

So excited for you!! Can't wait to "meet" baby Kaz!!

Regina said...

Good thing you practice yoga ... Talk about having to be flexible!

Congrats on your new destination! As you know we just got ours two days ago too (Aqtobe.) It is a very exciting moment, and really helps to ease a certain level of anxiety.

I am sure you will paint that little town red and it will never be the same. Oh, and neither will you for that matter! :-)

Anonymous said...

That's great, you little secret keeper you ;-) Too bad you can't go with Sandi but at least she can scope it out and give you the scoop. Awesome!
Shannon

Kelly and Sne said...

Yay! Congratulations! Now to get really excited - you have a real destination. And given how cold and snowy it is in Northern Kaz about now, it might be a good thing that the FLA girl waits until Summer.

Angela said...

YEA! Kostanai! It is pretty crazy watching all of these nice people adopt their precious kids from there . . . and now you know you will be there soon!

Sandi said...

Yeah I am so happy our kids will be coming from the same region. How exciting. The next few months will fly by, believe me. Thanks for the birthday announcement and my poem. Your quite talented.

Sandi

Catalina said...

KOSTANAY? Congratulations, these are great news, it will be quite exciting your girl and Sandi`s will come from the same region and they will get the chance to grow up so close to each other! I am VERY HAPPY for you! The video is very good! You did it! Great job! (as always)

Aaron and Julie said...

Yay for Kostonai!!!!

Karen said...

I was so bummed out for you when you first told me Astana was closed. (Refresh my memory, why is it closed?) But then you must've known about Kostanai because you sounded rather calm about it all.

Great news!!!! Congratulations. Kataya from Kostanai, it does have a ring to it.

Jennifer said...

Yay!! I hope this one sticks! :-) And northern Kaz ROCKS!!! Ok, ok, so the whole country rocks, but still... I think it's ok to be a little biased towards your home region. :-)

Kristen (and Cary) said...

YEAH. Cary and I are so excited for you. And better to find out the same day that Astana was closed versus later.

Since you will be going in May or June, I think you can take the boots back (or keep them since they are so cool.)

Congrats!!!

Kim & Jamie said...

Whooo hooo!!! Congratulations!! That is awesome and so great that you will have Sandi's inside info by the time you travel:) I am so excited for you!!

PS - Loved the poem - too cute:)

marsrob said...

OH MY THIS IS SOOOO EXCITING!!! CONGRATS!!!! SOOO many cuties come from this region! Cannot wait for you to go!!!!!!
xoxoxo