Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Breakin in" the Crib



Ryan diggin the crib scene.

Ryan "broke in" the crib on Tuesday night by being our first overnight guest in Baby Kaz's crib. We had to lower the mattress all the way down though, so don't worry, the picture was taken before he slept in it. :) I believe he liked it just fine. He slept thru the night, and didn't wake up until 6:58. I didn't sleep very well, however, because I was afraid he might wake up and freak out and not know where he was. He did great though.

We had SO MUCH FUN with him! He is 9 months old, and he is pulling up on EVERYTHING and into EVERYTHING! We have a lot of toys in Baby Kaz's room, but his favorite was THE TRASHCAN, and climbing up on his suitcase to climb onto the couch. He also really liked playing with Miles' dog leash.
<

Miles and Rockin Ryan are BFF'S!


A synoposis of our day:

I met Karen (one of my BFF'S, a BRILLIANT photographer, oh, and Ryan's mom) at Chili's at noon. We had lunch, and then went to my house so she could drop off all Ryan's baby paraphenalia (he has a lot of "stuff") and then she could go.
She left around 2 or so. Ryan adjusted well to her leaving, I don't think he really realized what was happening. There was a lot of "new stuff" to explore at our house.
He was INTO EVERYTHING! Wow..I had really forgotten how you can't take your eyes off them for ONE SECOND or they can get into trouble really quickly! It was a gorgeous day, so I put him in my ergo and went for a walk to feed the ducks. He liked that a lot. 3 cheers for the egro, too, as Ryan is a big kiddo at 20 something pounds, and he was easy to carry. In fact, I told Karen to keep my ergo and test it out with Ryan, because I think she needs one.

<

WOW, who is the babe with the ergo? Why is she still in her yoga clothes?


We came back home, and I thought we'd put the Wiggles in. Sean loved the Wiggles, and I haven't gotten to listen to them in a while. Karen thought they were kinda creepy, but I told her she has to warm up to them. :)
Ryan didn't seem to notice the Wiggles that much, but he wanted to get into everything and throw everything off the coffee table. I had to tell him NO NO a few times as he was trying to lift my dumbbells in the exercise room (His mom is "freakishly strong" by the way, so I think he might be too). He doesn't like being told no, and he cried like a big baby. I was TRYING to watch Oprah and Dr. Oz to learn the secrets of staying young, but Ryan wasn't in the mood for Oprah and he was trying to get into things that were "not good choices". It's really quite difficult to get much done with "wild baby on the loose". I grabbed some crackers (his favorite snack lately) and into the ergo we went for another walk. We walked about 5 minutes up the street when he fell asleep. It was really quite precious~that Ergo ROCKS, let me tell you. I love that thing!

Sean got home from after school sports and we had to leave for soccer practice. It was then I noticed that I had missed Ryan's 3:30 bottle. No wonder he was getting so cranky..DUH! I gave him a bottle and he INHALED IT. His bedtime was 7, but we had soccer practice so I figured he could fall asleep if he wanted too. On the way to soccer, Sean sang to him in the back seat. It was the most precious thing ever. He asked me if I knew any more "soft religious songs" to sing, because he had already sang Silent Night, Jesus Loves Me, and Amazing Grace. Ryan was babbling back to him, and my heart melted. :) Ryan did not sleep at soccer, he had too much fun watching the kids. We got so much attention from people too. A few people were like OH MY GOSH, YOU GOT YOUR BABY!!! It was quite funny. :)

Anyway, we made it home, and Sean sang to him the whole way home too. He will be the sweetest big brother ever I think. Sweaty Sean really wanted to give him a bottle after his bath, and Ryan just LOVED him. He did not seem to mind that Sean smelled like a gross sweaty boy.


Sean and Ryan are "buds". This was before Ryan "urped" and grossed Sean out.

Ryan was a trooper and slept thru the night like a champ. He also went down very easily too, probably because he was 2 hours past his bed time, but HEY, he was on "vacation".

The next morning, Sean wanted to stay home from school to play with Ryan. I had a hard time getting him movitated to get dressed and get out the door. It was more fun to play with Ryan. Next year, we have to be at school 30 minutes earlier than we do now, and it's a 30 minute longer drive, AND we'll have Baby Kaz. That should be good fun.


Ryan will be walking soon I think. He is very strong and loves to walk holding onto your hands.
The only thing that did Sean in was that Ryan "urped" on the way to school. Sean called him a "disgusting little kid" and wanted to throw the napkin out the window that he used to wipe Ryan's face off. LOL I had to explain that baby's spit up, and it just happens, and it's NOT throw up. It was also REALLY funny at school because people saw me with the Ergo and again thought, DID SHE GET HER BABY? BUT SHE HASN'T GONE TO KAZAHSTAN YET! It was hilarious. Kids from Sean's class came home and told their parents that Sean's mom had a baby at school. LOL

I know this is getting way to long, and it's time to wrap it up. Ryan's mommy, Karen, came home and we took Ryan to the beach. It was great fun, and we were almost attacked by pigeons who wanted to eat Ryan's cracker. He would not give it up though, he is a double fisted cracker eater. I hope this is not indicactive of him being a double fisted beer drinker in college.

I am so grateful that Karen and Mike trusted us with their precious son, and Ryan buddy..I MISS YOU ALREADY!! We had fun with you, and I love you little buddy! I can't wait for you to meet your future Kazakh princess girlfriend!!!



What a face..He is also wearing my Chicago marathon hat.



Gotta love going to the beach in Feb!



Throwing sand and eating sand is GOOD FUN!


Yay!! I hear I'm getting a new Kazakh girlfriend this summer and we can be beach bums together! Bring me a Kazakh beer, babe!

9 comments:

Angela said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I am so glad that Ryan did well and Sean had fun with him. It must be reassuring to have a "dry run" so to speak! Sean is going to be a great big brother! It looks like you are going to have lots of help.

It is so funny how quickly you forget how all consuming a baby is. Our friends have a 6 month old who does not seem to stop moving - EVER. And, he doesn't really nap - EEEEEK!

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! Glad you got a little practice in. ;) Now you are all ready... so get on it Kaz officials get this family to Kaz for their baby!

Gretchen said...

What a sweetie pie! Sean is going to fall head over heels for baby Kaz! How adorable. You are seriously making me want to come down and hang out on the beach! I'm glad you had such a good time with the baby. The Ergo carrier rocks!

Karen said...

Look at that beach—I was so close to all that. (Oh well, back to the tundra.) Looks like everyone was having way too much fun. Sean is going to be such an amazing big brother. I can't wait to see that happen. :-)

Matthew Ruley said...

How cute he is! And you look like such a natural with the baby in the Ergo! Sean looks great too!

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you had so much fun! Isn't it amazing what they can get into? Gigi's new trick is unrolling the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom! LOL!

I envy you the beach!! It's another one of those days here where it never gets into the positives.

Oh yeah! And I love the Ergo too! It's just the greatest! :-)

Chrissy and Russell said...

Susan - too funny! What a cute little kid! And I love Sean's reaction to the "urping" episode. Good practice for the future big brother. :^) What kind of Ergo did you get? It looks comfy, but it doesn't look like the kind I saw at Babies R Us. Just curious.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

What cute pictures! Maybe baby Kaz won't "urp" on Sean. I'm glad Sean wanted to throw the napkin out of the window and not the baby!

Karen Harrison said...

Wow, that Ryan sure is a beauty! :-)

He has so much fun with the Serra's.... and Baby Kaz will too!