Monday, February 4, 2008

Bookshelf success!!



Oh, it's the little things in life that bring me great joy. I've been searchin for a bookshelf for Baby Kaz's room. I even posted to the yahoo group about recommendations and I got a lot of great advice, and some good websites that I wasn't aware of. However, I finally found "the one" at Target, of all places. I just ordered it today, so when it's delivered and perfectly placed in her room, I will take a photo so you can see. :)

I found so many cute ones, but they were either too big, too tall, wrong color, or just not what I was wanting. I think this one will be perfect, but if it's not, that's the great thing about Target.com...they're easy to do returns with.

I find myself wandering thru the kiddo aisles, touching all the clothes, missing the daughter I haven't yet met. I haven't bought anything else though-yay me! Of course, I have so much that I don't need another thing, but I'm still proud of my self control.

Stay tuned for my next update...Baby Kaz's crib will be "broken in" by our first spend the night guest tomorrow night. He is a real cutie and his mom is entrusting me to babysit while she goes to a photography seminar in Orlando. We are so excited! It's a slumber party! Let's hope he doesn't freak out and sleeps....He is a 9 month old adorable little boy named Ryan. :) He is my buddy and I am his "favorite Aunt Susan". I hope he remembers that when his mom leaves tomorrow.

Here is a picture of us at lunch last week. He is so darn cute!!

15 comments:

Kim said...

Love the bookshelf!! Very cute!!

SBP

Kelly and Sne said...

Adorable! Target has been my "old standby" too. They have great stuff for the price.

While we have been trying to keep things gender neutral (which means a little on the masculine side) because we expect a boy (70% chance, right?), I did see a very pretty bedding set the other day in Babies Rus with purple butterflies in a chiffon and pink and blue flowers that I fell in love with. I thought "well, maybe we'll have to go back for a girl the next time..."

Matthew Ruley said...

Love that book shelf! I want one! And the baby is soosososososoosooo cute!

Kim & Jamie said...

The book shelf is adorable!! Target has the best stuff!! Have fun babysitting - he is a cutie!!! It will be good practice for your Kazcutie:)

Catalina said...

Dear "expecting mom", I like very much the bookshelf. The baby is very cute, have fun :).

Gretchen said...

Perfect! I can't imagine a better bookshelf. Good luck tonight. Hope all goes well. :)

Aaron and Julie said...

How cute! Susan's daughter definitely needs a place to keep her books, she will be an avid reader :)

Can't wait to hear how Ryan's visit went :)

Regina said...

Adorable bookshelf! And you look so good with a baby in your arms.

Karen said...

That Ryan is sure a cutie. Such a little cuddler. (I'm talking about you.) :-)

Our Family of Bloggers said...

LOVE IT!!! That bookshelf is absolutely adorable. And Ryan is such a cutie! Maybe a future husband for Baby-Kaz to be?

Thad and Ann said...

I love the book shelf, so cute! Ryan is adorable! Hope everything goes great tonight. ;)

Kim & Jamie said...

Susan,

You are the best SBP ever!! Thank you for your thoughtfulness and fun presents for Vaughn!! It meant alot!! I think you should definitely order the brownies from Dancing Deer:) Treat yourself and bring them to Kaz with you:)

I hope we get to meet someday too!! You are awesome! You took your son to Disney World - how cool are you?!!Plus, I must meet Sean - I don't know too many Giants fans;)

Have a great day!!! Next time you see Suzanne, give her a great big hug for me!!

Chrissy and Russell said...

Susan, I'm just catching up. Loved your latest posts! I wish I lived somewhere near Florida (or could afford to fly down) so I could join the Kaz mommy parties!
Any more news on what "travel soon" might mean? That's so frustratingly vague! :^)

Angela said...

So glad that you had a great experience babysitting and Sean enjoyed his role as brother for a day despite the spit-up! It is good to brush up on those baby caretaking (and loving) skills!

Angela said...

P.S. If you have access to Kelly & Sne's blog, can you ask her to send me an invite (areinoehl@yahoo.com)? I missed emailing her before her blog went private. Thanks! Or, Kelly, if you see this, can you send me an invite?