Saturday, December 29, 2007

Last Christmas celebration without Baby Kaz




Merry Merry everyone and a happiest of New Years! Isn't it crazy to think, that for most of us "bloggers" and "blog stalkers", if you don't already have your Kaz babies, that this year was the last Christmas we'll be spending without our Kazakh additions to the family? That just blows me away!! We had a wonderful holiday in Dallas, Texas, with my family, 3 sisters, 1 brother, 1 sister in law and husband, and 7 cousins, oh, and 7 dogs too. It was COLD in Dallas, too, so that made for some SWEET running weather, but gave my hubby a raging cold and Sean a bad cough, but only because Sean refuses to wear a coat. I think Joe's cold is because of a couple night with my Dad, Mom, and the brothers in law and Yagermeister shots! Since I am "adopting", I was in charge of the kiddo's so I went to bed with them! And, humm, I am the only one NOT SICK in my family. Good thing, cuz Mom's can be sick, can we!!!

The picture above is a new baby I just met, my "grandfather's" (not technically my grandfather, but my stepmom's great uncle, and he has been like a grandfather to me) new wife's daughters child, named Francis, is just 3 months old. I was a big ole certified " baby hog". She was an angel baby, hardly ever cried and she's just gorgeous.
My 2 nieces, aged 9 and 7, spent the night at my parents every night, and my mom put me in charge of getting the kids in bed because "I am adopting a girl". It was hilarious. Of course, I gladly put my nieces to bed with Sean, made sure their jammies were on, teeth brushed, and then we'd read Christmas stories. It was really fun. Giulia told me they've been saving all their clothes (and they dress super precious) For my baby. She is so excited about this baby. Of course, like many of you have stated in your blogs, everyone needs to know...when are you going? when do you get the baby? Can you come to dallas for easter? When I say, hopefully Febuary, then they're like, ok, so for sure Feb? NO, NOT FOR SURE! I DON'T KNOW!!! I guess they did not get the memo that "One more be patient and flexible in international adoption".

My mom got me 3 GORGEOUS cashmere sweaters from Neiman's for Kaz. She said, I know you won't wear them in Florida, but you NEED warm clothes for Kaz. I didn't tell her I had bought $5 sweaters at OLd Navy outlet store because I will be getting spit up on and layering like crazy. However, I will be able to fit in with all those hottie fashionable Kaz women with my fancy sweaters. One is brown with fur on the sleeves and fur around the hood. I am hip, like my son, I Have a "hoodie". But, i have BONUS Fur and cashmere. :)

Being the coolest "Aunt Susan" that I am, I got all the kids matching jammies. I dragged my sweet hubby to the mall 3 days before Christmas. It took 45 minutes to find a parking spot. I love Dallas malls at Christmas! But, they all look so darn cute in their matching jammies, don't they? It was NOT easy finding 7 kids matching jammies either with their various ages and stages. They were awfully darn cute!





Here is a picture of me and my "baby" for this Christmas. I can't believe he's so big. Fortunately, he will still hug and kiss on his mom, when he's not busy rolling his eyes at me and thinking I'm not as cool as him.


I guess this is the last year of Serra, party of 3, when we go out to dinner too. We are really a party of 5, but Joey and Jillian are on their own and don't live with us anymore. It is so exciting, strange, and wonderful to think that in a few months, we'll have a new Serra in our midst!

9 comments:

Regina said...

What lovely photos! Yes, you will fit right in with all those Kaz hotties ... just don't forget your 4-inch spike heels!

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas with your family in the great state of Texas. (I'll be in Dallas in a few weeks for a business trip.) And how thoughtful and generous of them to put you in charge of the kids! LOL ;-)

Matthew Ruley said...

So glad you are back and that you had a Merry Christmas and a safe trip, and made lots of memories of your last Christmas without BabyKaz.

I'm going to name your baby BK for BabyKaz, hope you don't mind.

Anyway. Love the photos of all the matching pajamas. Your family is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! And Sean has grown since I met him a few months ago.

I know what you mean about people asking. When I called for a hair apt, my hairdresser said "you're still HERE?" and I had to explain that yes, we'll be here for awhile now... Its uncertainty of when that makes it hard, and it seems to get harder everyday and at every stage of waiting (just wait till you know yours is at the MoE. Its like being on pins and needles). And I hope you near that next week, and they have a DATE for you to travel. I can't wait to read stories and see photos of you with BK!

Next year will be really different! Let's get together soon!

Amy said...

Yes, yes, I can't wait to hear that you have heard something....you signed up with your agency exactly one week and three days before I signed up with my agency. Very cute pictures with of the kids with matching jammies.

Sandi said...

Yeah finally a blog update :) The pictures are great and its true no more Serra party of 3 or 5 it will be 4 or 7 from now on.

How awesome that you got to care for all the kids, that is what my brother does now with Ian, he is like oh come on you want the practice.

See you next weekend!! Happy New Year soon to go and meet baby kaz.

Jennifer said...

As usual, simply gorgeous photos! I love the matching jammies- too cute! You must be a saint for waiting 45 minutes for a parking spot. :-)

Glad to hear you didn't get sick, but I'm sorry for everyone else who did- what a bummer and no fun!

Here's to many more Christmas's filled with families and love- and little Baby Kaz running around putting smiles on everyone's faces along with all of her precious cousins.

Chris Sapp said...

You look so beautiful in your family pics! What a precious family you have only to be blessed that much more in just a short while... You continue to be in my prayers...hoping you will travel soon!!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a blast shopping for all the kiddos in the big "D". And what a cute group shot it made—all with their matching "outfits." I lived in Houston for seven years, and boy do those Texans know how to gussy up.

Just imagine how much shopping you'll be doing next year for baby kaz. LOL

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Cool, two updates in a week ;-) Great photos from what looks like a great trip!
Shannon

Unknown said...

Next Christmas will indeed be an amazing one for you. The joy and wonder we saw on our Kazakh angel's face was the greatest gift I could receive. This was a very special Christmas for our family. Next year it will be for you too.