Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cabo San Lucas ROCKS!


We just got back from a 5 day vacation thanks to my sister and my NEW BROTHER IN LAW, Chris, who had a "destination wedding" in Cabo San Lucas. It was so much fun!!! In case you can't tell, Nicole and Noelle, my sisters, are twins. :)



>

Noelle was a stunning bride, and Sean was a very proud ring bearer. He is a boy who HATES to dress up, but I have to say, he does "clean up nicely" and he took his job very seriously. He walked down the aisle with his cousins and he stood up during the ceremony next to his other cousin, a junior bridesmaid. They were BOTH crying.

I asked Sean why he cried (as he often makes fun of his mother for crying over EVERYTHING, as I am an emotional sap!) and he said, BECAUSE EVERYONE IS SO HAPPY!
Sean and his youngest cousin (My sister's son) who is almost 3 were BEST BUDDIES! We shared a killer 3 bedroom condo and Sean was up at 5 am with Will every morning. He just loved playing with him. It really warmed my heart, as watching him gave me a glimpse of what a GREAT big brother he's going to be. He was very protective of Will. Will LOVES his cousin Sean and Sean loves him. It was just beyond precious!!!







It was so nice to get away and just enjoy our family. Everyone was very curious about "Baby Kaz" and some good friends of my parents even know SEVERAL people who have adopted from Kaz as well! WHO KNEW??!! It's a small world.

But alas, now it's "back to life, back to reality", and I came home to find out that so many people are getting their LOI'S to Kaz! That is super exciting!

I am feeling better and better about the prospect of 2 trips. I love how God makes things work out for the best. I really feel that 2 trips is so much better for our family. Even if we get a quick court date, we can still go back to get the munchkin and bring Sean with us. Plus, I keep thinking of more benefits. I won't get terribly out of shape from not running for 8 weeks is another reason. I just don't think I'd run in frigid temps, by myself. My husband doesn't run, and I would just be scared. So, only 2-3 weeks with no running is much more easily done-and easier to get back in shape. Even though 2 very long plane trips don't sound fun, it will all be worth it in the end. I love to read, and think of how many books I can get read on the plane!! Sean is also a great traveler. He will be busy with homework and he becomes a very focused child when he has nothing else to do but sit on an airplane.
No new news on the LOI front, but our dossier will be in country 2 weeks on Friday. My family is like WHEN ARE YOU GOING? I kept saying...WE DO NOT KNOW!
"One must be flexible and patient in international adoption"

10 comments:

marsrob said...

Ok, do you have THE most gorgeous family on the planet????
Glad you had a great trip! We went to Cabo with my parents about 5 years ago for a week. It was stunning. We even went fishing and Marshall caught a HUGE fish! There were 2 hard parts: 1. The poverty was SO overwhelmingly depressing and awful. We really think it made poverty here in RI look like luxury. and 2. We came back after fun in the sun for a week into 20 degree snowy weather in the middle of the night. And then had 2 more months of cold weather. It was TOO depressing. We promised ourselves after that to NEVER go somewhere sunny again during winter - instead, now, we go to places that are COLDER than RI and that makes RI seem lovely! It fits, then, that we'll be going to a Siberian winter in Semey next week sometime (planning still happening)...this way, when we return to RI, we'll feel warm and cozy!
xoxoxox

Matthew Ruley said...

Your sisters are just as beautiful as YOU! How what fabulous genes! I think its so neat that Shawn was so caught up in the wedding. He will be a great brother! Looks like a lovely trip and welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! And where is the photo of you?! I'm sure you were also gorgeous, being the hot PAP/momma that you are! HA! Good for you that you got away. But, come on, be honest -- were you twitching at night wondering what was happening in blog world?! LOL. Sean is going to be such a great big-brother. It must warm your heart to be able to already start to see that in action via his cousin. We may head to either Cabo or Cancun right after the holidays, although now I'm remembering that doing so in "early" winter does lead to even colder, longer winters in Ohio, as Jen and Marshall have indicated. So much to think about, and probably plenty of time to do so. :-) Great to have you back!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a great trip.. Nothing like a little fun in the sun to get you ready for the cold Kaz winter!
Jeannine

Karen said...

Stunning couple. Your family has so many things to celebrate this year. How wonderful.

Monica said...

Beautiful pics! I agree it's very nice that everyone was so happy at the wedding! It's great that everyone is interested and excited for your new addition as well. Wouldn't it be great if the MORE ppl asked "When" the FASTER the process would go?!?
:)

Jennifer said...

Yay, you're back! I missed hearing from you and... well... hearing from you the other way too! :-) It sounds like you had so much fun, and of course Sean was very handsome!

Glad to hear you had a good time, and thanks for sharing pictures!

Gretchen said...

Glad you had such a great time. Your familiy is too gorgeous! What a cool idea to have a destination wedding. Shawn is such a cutie pie.

Regina said...

Welcome back! Lovely photos and lovely family! Kaz baby will fit right in!

Going on vacation really helps the time pass a little more quickly, doesn't it???

Kelly and Sne said...

That looked like a lot of fun! What gorgeous photos and family! We just booked a trip over the holidays to Cabo for a delayed honeymoon and last child-free vacation for awhile (plus it will help pass the time waiting for the LOI!). If you have any tips for restaurants, shopping, activities, etc. that you particularly enjoyed, please leave a comment on our blog: http://climbingcradlemtn.blogspot.com.