Sunday, May 23, 2010

Leeza's first Broadway debut..MARY POPPINS!






I have a new favorite to add to my list of broadway shoes that I LOVE..MARY POPPINS! wow! It was right up there with Wicked and Mama Mia! The special effects were incredible...the bank scene was 3d, and Mary Poppins flew out with her umbrella and spread stars all over the audience. In the chimney sweeper song, this chimney sweeper climbed up the wall, and onto the ceiling, and back down the wall. The singing was fantastic...I was enthralled, and FORTUNATELY, SO WAS LEEZA! :)

We even dressed alike...in white dresses, but as you can see from the photo, Leeza was in no mood for photo's.


However, her behavior DURING the pretty long show was ideal. She really did enjoy it, and sat in my lap for 95% of the show. Her father thought I was ridiculous for taking a 2 1/2 year old to a Broadway show. ACTUALLY, I wouldn't have probably thought about even doing it, but THANKS TO FACEBOOK, one of my friends had tickets to sell as her sister couldn't go at the last minute with her daughter due to a soccer tournament. So...she sold me her tickets for HALF PRICE. I just couldn't pass it up. Stephanie was there with her mother, and her sister, and their daughters, and Leeza LOVED them. We sat right in front of them during the actual show, but she had fun with them during intermission and before the show started. I LOVE how Leeza's personality is emerging. She is such a lil extrovert. :)






I got the Mary Poppins DVD for her before the show, and she wanted to watch it this morning. They were singing "Chim Chimney, Chim Chimney, Chim chim cheeree" and Leeza was so EXCITED.."mommy, they sang this at the show!!!" :)

I'm SO glad I took her and didn't listen to my husband's "nay saying". He just underestimates his daughter. He also thought 2 was WAY TOO YOUNG to take her to Disney, but she LOVED it. She loves all the scary rides (Pirates of the Carribean AND the Haunted Mansion, plus Snow White), adores the big characters, and isn't bothered by loud fireworks. She's my fearless Leeza. :)

In fact, we had SO MUCH FUN at Mary Poppins, we're going to see Disney on Ice today. :) Once again, thanks to facebook, I found out about a website that offers half price discount tickets. :) GOTTA LOVE IT!! And, for the record, I used to take SEan to see every Disney on Ice show and kid stuff like this when he was little too. I think I love it as much or more than the kids do. I have invited SEan to come with us, but he declines every time. Hummph, 12 year old thinks he's too cool. However, he does have fun with his sister anyway. Here they are having fun at Nana's house with her scooter and wheelchair. :)





1 comment:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

what a great and fun time!! the photos from mary poppins are priceless - she looks so grown up!! she's gonna expect a lot of cool date activities from future boyfriends after a childhood like this :)