Monday, December 27, 2010

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party




One of the best things about Leeza is that I have made some amazing friends along the way.

Ever since last May, we have been planning a trip to Disney to meet the Printy family for Nina's 4th birthday party at Disney. Nina's birthday is on Christmas day, but her fabulous over the top mommy planned a week at Disney the week before Christmas, and invited US to attend a princess lunch at the CASTLE in honor of Nina's Bea's special day. The night before, we were all going to attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We were SO excited. We all attended Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party 2 years ago, and we had so much fun. Sandi and Finley, who live in Orlando, joined us, and Kristan and Sadie drove all the way up from Navarre-a whole 8 hours.

Kristan and Sadie drove up Saturday and spent the night with us, and we left on Sunday for Orlando. :) I got Sadie and Leeza matching outfits so we could match Nina Bea and Macy Bel, as Lori always dresses them alike. :) Lori and I are matching Gemini twins with a penchant for "over the topness" I have to say, the girls looked "OVER THE TOP ADORABLE!!" Kristan and I are also "scarily " alike,and trying to get out out the door to Orlando with all our stuff was so comical I was laughing so hard tears were coming out of my eyes. With our keen sense of direction and "blonde moments", it's a miracle we made it. I laugh as I think of our many "Susan and Kristan" moments. :)







In true Kristan and Susan fashion, neither of us had purchased our tickets for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party and we found out a week before, they were sold out. We were so aggravated, but once again, the "Perfect Printy's" saved the day. The day of the party, Sunday, Dart went to guest services and explained we had all planned this since May, and all the kids were adopted from Kazakhstan, and the stupid Floridians didn't get tickets in time. Due to Dart's charming personality, they sold him 4 tickets and we got in!! It was so magical, I cried several times. Just seeing the look of wonderment on Leeza's face, which frankly, matched mine, and being their with such great friends and our adopted angels that we prayed so long for, was just "perfect". It was FREEZING cold and just made the snow on Main street seem that much more real. I had packed my coat, gloves, hat, but was wearing my fit flops-so my toes were pretty much frozen, but it was so worth it.

Check out Leeza's face when she first saw the castle all lit up with lights...






Leeza resumed her love affair with Nolan. I predict they will get married, but now Leeza may have to fight Sadie for him. I told Lori that Leeza has turned fiesty since turning 3, and that Nolan will no doubt not find her as "angel-ly" as he remembers. He said that "she's still fun but she spits more". LOL!








The parade was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Seriously, it was worth standing there freezing. I am such a sucker for the Disney magic, and this was no exception. I loved the parade-it was really magical. I think I was as excited as the girls!!! Before the parade, the girls got to meet Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen from Princess and the Frog. Leeza asked to see her shoes. It cracks me up that she asked each princess she met if she could see their shoes. :)







The girls are SO SO SO SO CUTE TOGETHER and their mommies are pretty fun too. :)








Ahh, the parade. Everyone loves a parade. :) Especially at the most magical place on earth at CHRISTMAS TIME!!























After the parade, we ate dinner and hung out at the park and rode rides, getting our girls back to our hotel at 2 am. Yeah, we're GREAT MOM'S aren't we? But you know what? Life is short, and this is the stuff memories are made of. They may not remember (but they have pictures and blogs and facebook to look at) but I cherish these memories with my children. We started the next day at Magic Kingdom with Nina's Birthday party at the castle with the princesses, but that is another post, for perhaps another day. Momma's got post Christmas laundry to do. :)

5 comments:

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

awesome recap, even in my perfectness I could not do better. I will simply put a link on my blog to yours for anyone who wants to know about the fabulous time we had at Mickey's Christma Party. And I agree, one of the best surprises about adopting Nina was making friends like you and Kristen. So funny but just like I can't imagine life with out my kaz daughter I likewise can't imagine life without you (and the other kaz mamas).

Love you in all your teary, beautiful, gay apparel perfectness!

Kristan and Mark said...

I'm glad you told me you blogging. I thought you had closed up your blog.

Beautifully written!!! Looking forward to many more 'Kristan and Susan' moments as we join Lori and Sandi where ever it may be with our girls in tow. 8 hours is a blink of an eye for the friendships Sadie has led me to.

Loving the pictures! I need some copies of yours and Lori's. Y'all got some awesome ones!!

I love the outfits you bought! I was shocked how well the colors fit Sadie. You did good my friend. Took me out my comfort zone and it paid off, the cuteness was almost more than I could handle, ;)

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Wow that sounds like some magical fun you all had! The girls are darling and the memories will last a lifetime. Kaz has blessed a bunch of people in many ways! Gena

Jstar said...

"She's still fun but she spits more" is officially my new favorite kiddo description.

So glad you guys had such a great time!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

sounds like a truly magical and incredible time!! it is amazing the added gifts and treasures we all made along the path of our adoptions isn't it, in the friends we've all come to know? so very glad you all were able to coordinate this! that is IMPRESSIVE!!! i didn't remember sandi and finley were in orlando! we'll need to all do pool time next time we are there!! i won't tell my LM that leeza has her eye on someone else :) LOL :) thanks for sharing such a fabulous time with your blog fans!