Monday, December 27, 2010

Breakfast with Santa on 12/11/2010






On Saturday, 12/11, Leeza and I were invited to go have breakfast with Santa at the Museum of Fine Arts with our friend Ellery and her mom Corrine! We had a really nice time and it was good thing we were invited, because I had attempted to take Leeza to go see Santa at International Mall the day before, on Friday, but she decided to behave badly, so she lost her privelege to see the big man. The line was long to see Santa, so, we went to play at the play area first. Leeza met a lil boy her age and they got along so well. He gave her a car to play with. Leeza started throwing the car up in the air, and I told her to stop, because she came close to hitting 2 ladies holding a baby. I explained to her why we don't throw cars and she said she'd stop. Of course, 5 seconds later, she threw it again, so I took it away from her. After apologizing to the ladies and babies she almost nailed, and much drama and tears, she PROMISED she would not throw it again. About 10 minutes later, a really nice lady approached me and said "you may want to take the car away from your daughter, she just wacked my son in the mouth, and he's pretty tough, but he's bleeding". UM, FABULOUS LEEZA! Of course, made her apologize, look in his eyes to see the tears, put on her shoes and we left immediately, with Leeza screaming all the way, HEY!

On the way out, the See's candy lady was in the mall with a kiosk selling candy and giving away lollipops. She asked if she could give Leeza one and I replied "No, thank you, she is not behaving properly today". The lady was older, and said, "aww she can have it later". I replied "she already had one, and got mad and threw it, and she hit a lil boy in the play area'. The nice older lady replied "Oh, well he probably had it coming". WHAT?? I said, "no, he didn't.", and thinking to myself, lady, you are on my last nerve". I was buying some lollipops for Sean (his favorite) and Leeza kept trying to grab a lollipop out of the basket. I put her in time out at my feet and made her sit there. The lady said "Wow, you are tough". I said, "no, i'm really not, but she is a very precocious 3 year old and I have to keep tight reins on her". The lady replies "well, my son is 41 and i really spoiled my children, i guess i forget". I wanted to scream at her "oh honey, she is VERY SPOILED but MYOB!!"

Anyway, enough about that. I was glad we were given another chance to see Santa the next day, and thankfully, sweet Leeza re-emerged.

She was so excitd to see him she ran and jumped...





She then proceeded to totally let me get the cutest pictures, without faces, or running, or doing all the other annoying things to prevent a cute picture that Leeza is infamous for. :)






She really looked so cute I could hardly stand it. I know she does this on purpose. When she knows I'm at my wit's end, she decides she best turn on the sweetness and get mommy back in her court. It works like a charm!







Based on the motherload of gifts Santa left for Leeza, I am guessing she won him over too. :)

No comments: