Sunday, July 15, 2007

One step closer to Kaz



We had our first parenting class on Saturday, which also counted as a home visit as we met with Jeannine , our social worker, who also taught the class. It was very informative and interesting. I felt like all my reading was paying off as I felt somewhat informed. We met some really nice people. We were the only couple adopting from Kaz (and I think the oldest, but the cutest, of course), one couple adopting from Russia, 2 from Columbia, and 2 adopting from Vietnam. Our home study is next Saturday. Jeannine has been great to work with and knows we are hoping to travel in December, since that is really the best time for Joe and at least Sean is out of school for 2 weeks then. So, since the home study is all we need to get our I-171H (which is our approval to adopt an orphan from the Department of Homeland Security) and thus a very important piece of our dossier (all the paperwork Kaz requires), we hope to send that all off in August. I am still waiting on my passport, however, which I need to send 6 copies of in our dossier.
But, good things come to those who wait..right? Baby Kaz-HAVE NO FEAR GIRLFRIEND-WE ARE COMIN!!

1 comment:

The Cook said...

Good luck on your home study. it is a piece of cake. We actually went through Adoption Ark. I have heard great things about commonwealth too. It is such an exciting time. Please call me (I will e-mail you my number) if you have nay questions. in karaganda we could have adopted 3 or 4 of the girls because they were so amazingly cute and healthy but I think we got a good one. i can't believe she is one today! Yikes.